Author Topic: Problem  (Read 7680 times)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Problem
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2005, 05:09:50 PM »
I found out a way to deal with two installs: I need to edit the boot.ini file to remove the second copy of windows.
I would have just kept both.  It's good to have a backup install in case the first explodes (which I wouldn't put past windows).

Offline Shen

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Problem
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2005, 05:54:06 PM »
It will be a separate partition, so fragmentation does not come into play at all.  That's the whole reason to put it on a separate partition.
Bleh, minor niggle. Actually it will, but it will affect your other partitions. After all its still the same physical drive so if you have it in the middle or something silly your system partition will be cut in half. Call me pedantic.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 05:54:20 PM by Shen »

Offline vryko

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Problem
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2005, 02:01:44 PM »
swap: new partition and fat32

why fat32?  it is faster.  ntfs has some extra security, everytime you read or write it has to check if you have permission to do so.  fat32: no securtiy, no important computertime lost!  (note: only do this for the swap-partition.  the benifits of ntfs can be really important for other partitions.  cluster-size would be one of the most important ones).

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Problem
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2005, 03:46:50 PM »
I like ntfs mostly because my hard drive did not go even once while running a really disk , cpu , ram killing program on it (smexe).