Author Topic: Very effective ways to murder a perfict programming language.  (Read 2541 times)

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Very effective ways to murder a perfict programming language.
« on: September 15, 2014, 09:57:01 PM »
Another life lesson for everyone:

Make it more object oriented, that will make it confusing enough.

Make the dll hooks more obstructed: 1. Replace dll hooks with more object oriented friendly crap. 2. Slowly change data handling so old data types for existing hooks are all weird, add some proper overload to them for a final nail.

Make another version of the same language that needs murder badly with one that is more appealing to the very users who grow up to a language that a language to be murdered was supposed to replace for being annoying.

Hmm... the shit is still struggling. Time for plan B.

Start cranking up production on operating systems that suddenly refuse to run the programs produced in the language because of a pure hard stop, not because of a complete architecture overhaul or anything.

edit missed one punch line: Make sure to never release tools to add multi-thread support to the programs produced in the murder victim, even if it means making the old timers (other programming language I am referring to) unhappy, because they can really use the same technology that is already available by the way.

To be continued...

« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 10:09:59 PM by Botsareus »

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: Very effective ways to murder a perfict programming language.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 11:05:30 PM »
Very off topic but might as well, as I do not want to bother Microsoft directly with this:

Billy, I did not release smexe to harm anyone, I released it for the same reasons you wanted a power grab and also w/o thinking too hard. Sorry for turning your own power against you. You can say I was not thinking too clearly, and still am not.

I don't want the sound of a water fall up my ass when I sleep. All I want is a house on the water with a retractable sound proof night roof when I fall asleep to look at the stars at times when it is not raining. A view across the beautiful tropical water on some beautiful skyscrapers. And my grandfather to live a long well deserved life without dyeing from a slow als syndrome until his mind finally gave up. Still trying to find how a mind can force a nervous system to push the final red button on command.