Author Topic: MysticalDumpling will love to see this  (Read 8051 times)

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
MysticalDumpling will love to see this
« on: September 07, 2014, 06:34:41 PM »
I finally accurately translated an old friends graffiti siphons. It reads "old school getcha looser, us dope a loser u, loser you have been bussta" (referencing Buster, a character I use in Perfectdark,  Trent Easton in a trooper mask) with a goofy picy hand drawn with a "Why are you eyeballing me" probably detailing one of the reasons why he did it.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 06:39:06 PM by Botsareus »

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: MysticalDumpling will love to see this
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 06:37:44 PM »
Now I will have to go see what dope (specifically) does to the human body.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 07:17:33 PM »
Apparently, mixing dope and weed is some pretty bad stuff. It makes you paranoid and build useless projects.

Now from experience:
If you have no idea you have just been poisoned the effects are amplified, even if you have been exposed for just seconds.

Offline vrukt

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 09:36:31 PM »
Are you talking about "Heroin and Weed"? Around here dope=marijuana, and weed=marijuana, so I'm assuming you're talking about the newer one which is dope=heroin.

Sounds like some Trainspotting
When is it alive?

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 10:20:00 PM »
Eh sorry, another system glitch there. I meant Methamphetamine.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 10:21:17 PM »
You can pre burn it and pass it off like "hey want to smell some tea again?" Very effective.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 10:38:12 PM »
I would never knowingly take an illegal drug in my life, I do not even drink, although, I pretty much can't at this point, unless I want a quick hospital trip.

Offline vrukt

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 03:49:48 PM »
I would not not take an illegal drug.

Methamphetamine and Heroin are in a league all of their own though when it comes to addiction. They're the truly addictive drugs, the only competitors I can think of, would be Nicotine, and maybe Caffeine.

That's too bad about the drinking thing Botsareus, aren't you in Russia as well? 
When is it alive?

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 04:18:02 PM »
I am in a quite Florida town, away from all the chaos of big city life. It is therapeutic here. But very, very boarding, as I do not hang with the local people of my age group by choice.

Offline vrukt

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 06:33:47 PM »
Well in Florida you won't have as much of the social drinking pressure :)

Shame though you've got nobody to hang out with. It's Florida though so it's probably for the best :P
When is it alive?

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 07:27:37 PM »
Actually, that is exactly what the problem is, too much social drinking pressure. At least where I live right now specifically. Dudes and gals chilling at a pool all day with beer and the occasional bottle of proper jack's, throwing bags into wooden tilted hoops and talking about how good or bad the sex is.

Offline vrukt

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 02:58:05 AM »
Same where i am.

I was looking for some sort of equivalent around here to the German Chaos Computer Club, it just doesn't exist.

Consumption culture over production culture I guess.
When is it alive?

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 05:33:15 PM »
Never did anything with CCC, bit too far away, what's it like?

There're competent folks in there at least. Where the anon script kiddies would ddos something. They got people more likely to reverse engineer or hack something to prove a point.
Case in point. As a protest against using biometric data passports in Germany they published the fingerprint data of the minister responsible combined with info on how to fool fingerprint readers to identify you as that minister.
I think they're most known for hacking a million(?) or something from a bank that didn't believe the claims from CCC that their systems are insecure(they gave it back, just a stunt to prove it as insecure). Although the arrest of several hackers by the CIA for selling hacked data to the KGB may gotten more attention. Bad news often gets more attention.
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline vrukt

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 11:32:02 PM »
Well CCC is just an example. They just formed as a computer club. A group of like-minded people meeting to share info, and allowing newcomers in to learn from their peers.

They've got a page on their Club Hierarchy here http://www.ccc.de/en/regional

You can see it's made up of semi-guided cells, regional clubs, with larger clubs in the larger cities, all trying to work together.

I just can't find things like that in this area. I think the only parallel to the CCC is a few small clubs in the highschools and universities, more for students than open-ended like the CCC.

This is also similar to what happened in California and Seattle in the USA in the 60s,70s,80s. You had a tech culture with meeting points.

I just seem to be in an isolated area, people here prefer not to deal with clubs, at least not those kind of clubs ;)

But hey, I guess that's what forums are for, fills the niche, and they have a less crypto-revolutionary overtone.
When is it alive?

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2014, 03:25:47 PM »
I am not trying to be a revolutionary here. I am just trying to get other people who snoop around here and see this post to get the idea that they should stop thy self before wasting close to 11 years on a problem within a project that there parents refuse to believe in or simply do not understand or refuse to understand because they do not believe in it.