Author Topic: Who else is online?  (Read 70534 times)

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: Who else is online?
« Reply #255 on: April 08, 2015, 02:56:00 PM »
Well I got pissed of that people where hacking me trough IM. I was gone for a while. I may show up later with a zerobot into survival mode result.

It is just sad that once again IM did not really ever properly worked.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 09, 2015, 09:39:22 AM »
Well I got pissed of that people where hacking me trough IM. I was gone for a while. I may show up later with a zerobot into survival mode result.

It is just sad that once again IM did not really ever properly worked.
It was inefficient completely, you should join the DB3 discussions though, I've got some points on there like with IM...Nums and peter are teaming up to state how we should go wide and not tall with it (wide = lots of computers, tall = few servers)
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 09, 2015, 04:21:20 PM »
I am going to give IM one more try. I have 4 ideas that may work
One of them is to make a simple up-down server instead of PeterIM v2 with restrictions. I think it is ok for slower simulations to transfer out of sink with faster simulations. If anything I instructed Peter do delete robots randomly if server is at capacity.

Also the simple up-down server just like in the most successful peterIM uses a simple stack architecture. The latest robots on the server are always distributed first.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 10, 2015, 06:34:06 AM »
I am going to give IM one more try. I have 4 ideas that may work
One of them is to make a simple up-down server instead of PeterIM v2 with restrictions. I think it is ok for slower simulations to transfer out of sink with faster simulations. If anything I instructed Peter do delete robots randomly if server is at capacity.

Also the simple up-down server just like in the most successful peterIM uses a simple stack architecture. The latest robots on the server are always distributed first.

Can you adjust ports used? I hate PeterIM because of the ports its using so far, which reduces compatibility :/

Also, is the simulation going to run on participating pc's or a central server (Im wanting central server ;3).
Just as a sidenote if you do do an update to change IM, coudl you also include a little change to maybe 10 free memory locations to store longterm memory that remains for maybe 20 cycles unless overwritten? It'd be incredibly useful if I were to attempt an "All For One" bot
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 12, 2015, 07:14:29 PM »
The port thing is something to bring up with Peter, as I am the first to admit I do not know python or Internet programming well enough to know what I am doing. But I see you guys are having too much fun messing with Numsgils matrix painting transformations so I do not expect a complete fix anytime soon. Especially because I am asking Peter to revert 33% of his code.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 13, 2015, 04:50:35 AM »
The reverting of code won't be the issue, but the added stuff. Not that I see why it should be reverted, tbh, but ok weren't huge changes anyway.
I won't plan to be switching the port to the minecraft port. Host blocks it for some reason.
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 13, 2015, 08:05:23 AM »
The reverting of code won't be the issue, but the added stuff. Not that I see why it should be reverted, tbh, but ok weren't huge changes anyway.
I won't plan to be switching the port to the minecraft port. Host blocks it for some reason.
just try a different port, I just gave an example port. Or multiple ports.
More ports, more compatibility <3

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 13, 2015, 04:09:35 PM »

Just as a sidenote if you do do an update to change IM, coudl you also include a little change to maybe 10 free memory locations to store longterm memory that remains for maybe 20 cycles unless overwritten? It'd be incredibly useful if I were to attempt an "All For One" bot

Any memory locations that aren't sysvars won't get reset frame to frame (unless something is broken).  I think that's what you're asking for?  If you want them to wipe once every, say, 20 cycles, you could do something like

Code: [Select]
*.timer 20 mod 0 = 0 .somememloc store

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 14, 2015, 10:45:06 AM »
The only thing in the current IM code that is concerning me is the attempt to correct for simulation speeds. Imo seemed to work better without that feature.

The port thing requites some thinking. As far as I knew port 79 should be open for most people. I have no idea what the compromise port should be.

The other three changes should not be too bad, however I will have to publish the visual basic portion first, I currently have no way of doing that.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 11:02:27 AM by Botsareus »

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 14, 2015, 12:48:30 PM »
If you google for "common open ports" it should give you a nice list.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 14, 2015, 05:19:18 PM »
I get common incoming open ports on a server when I search. For a client unless you're behind a company proxy pretty much all outgoing ports are open besides port 25.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 14, 2015, 05:57:56 PM »
Good enough. :)

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 16, 2015, 11:57:57 AM »
Also, is the simulation going to run on participating pc's or a central server (Im wanting central server ;3).

I would prefer a central server too.
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 16, 2015, 04:09:59 PM »
Central server isn't feasible for DB2, too much to be changed.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 17, 2015, 09:56:10 AM »
Central server isn't feasible for DB2, too much to be changed.
Well, atleast a version of one of the DB's would be nice to have something centralised.