Author Topic: Who else is online?  (Read 71559 times)

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: Who else is online?
« Reply #90 on: September 02, 2014, 07:44:58 PM »
Looks like shell level interface bunking out with python but just a guess from my minds eye, how the hell an I going to fix this? We need TomTech, I'll send him a PM.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 07:46:29 PM by Botsareus »

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2014, 08:40:26 PM »
But in general minus the weird shell hiccups (honest answer, I am at capacity right now, and do not want to discover anything new, I am just a pure vb logician after all, it is a fun ride though, I'll give you that) IM WORKS!

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2014, 07:18:46 AM »
Just thought I should post a screenshot showing the result I got from the sim I've been running the whole night and up till now. Billy's Einstein wins.

I began this sim with my Velocitus bot in Eco Mode. I think it has restarted a couple of times.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 07:21:52 AM by Testlund »
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2014, 11:33:35 AM »
Just thought I should post a screenshot showing the result I got from the sim I've been running the whole night and up till now. Billy's Einstein wins.

I began this sim with my Velocitus bot in Eco Mode. I think it has restarted a couple of times.

Wow, that sim is crawling! I like to feed my sim only just enough to sustain a small population of bots, to keep the CPS up. Mutated Einstein is dominating over here as well, although at one point The One took over for a while.
"I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars."

-Charles Darwin

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2014, 11:34:43 AM »
Billy, NN for Neural Network.
Hmm, so you think Einstein would be considered a neural network?
"I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars."

-Charles Darwin

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2014, 12:10:40 PM »
Wow, that sim is crawling!

Yes, because of the combination with a lot of bots and shapes not absorbing shots. The latter is a very strong performance issue. So I changed it to make shapes absorb shots. It's just that when it restarts it will switch to shapes NOT absorbing shots.

It's a good idea to have "Dynamic Costs" on when you run in internet mode too. I will do that now.

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2014, 12:17:06 PM »
So today I started a new sim with my 18 designed bots, let it run for about an hour until I got a population that I thought might have a chance. Then I switched on IM mode. Not surprisingly my bots die out. Why do everybody have to make such vicious bots! Grrr!  :P

This sim is with my own settings, not running any of the modes in Global Settings. I'll let it run until tomorrow.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 12:21:46 PM by Testlund »

Offline vrukt

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2014, 02:40:38 PM »
I was trying to run last night, but kept getting "Runtime/Error 75" actually I think I got a 5 and a 9 as well.

Restarts worked to solve this issue before, but aren't working now.
When is it alive?

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2014, 03:13:51 PM »
In the DarwinBotsIM console?
If so, please give context by c/ping the full error. Here's how. As far I know, works in XP and up.
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline MacadamiaNuts

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2014, 03:27:41 PM »
Mutate and Base are doing well on my "shorter is better" sim. Lionfishes always go extinct on it.

I have a tiny single store bot set to repopulate, to see if it can eventually dominate the dynamic costs battle. 8)
Sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose...

Offline vrukt

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 03, 2014, 03:29:31 PM »
No I think the IM console was fine when I checked. It's a popup as the simulation freezes.

A bot was causing 75's before, so I was trying to pin it down to a bot this time, and since I was on IM I was wondering if anyone else was getting the issue from a bot jumping in?

I will keep an eye out for your bots macadamia nuts, so far I've just got a ton of the bubbles bot on my screen.
When is it alive?

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 03, 2014, 04:03:41 PM »
Mutate and Base are doing well on my "shorter is better" sim. Lionfishes always go extinct on it.

I have a tiny single store bot set to repopulate, to see if it can eventually dominate the dynamic costs battle. 8)

If you open the DNA window for "Mutate" and "Base" it will tell you what the bot is at the top.

-Charles Darwin

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 03, 2014, 04:19:44 PM »
Those bots are most likely lucky that I can't get my internet mode working. Then again, the zombie bots are practically bioweapons. Perhaps someone else could put the zombies in? I mean, a zombie Einstein would be pretty powerful.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 03, 2014, 05:30:31 PM »
Hello everyone,

The shapes bug mentioned by Testlund looks interesting to me, I'll take a look. Thx for the find  :)
Vrukt, error 75, also reported to Testlund, is a known issue. We need to eventually catch it in safemode for me to be able to replicate it easily. The better option will be to replicate it directly from vb, as you have the power to do, I do not at the moment, running experiments that have an overflow that I am trying to capture.
Peter, I can add the list of users to the message box I configured in help menu. That second request is a bit more tricky as I hate named pipes after Ammeh. We can consider writing a file once in a while with info. timers are not too intensive when they are not running code. Please give me a file name I can use and a place to put it. I am thinking the IM out folder is as good as any.

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 03, 2014, 05:36:36 PM »
Those bots are most likely lucky that I can't get my internet mode working. Then again, the zombie bots are practically bioweapons. Perhaps someone else could put the zombies in? I mean, a zombie Einstein would be pretty powerful.

I'll add them. Is it virusparttakeover.txt?

-Charles Darwin