Author Topic: Who else is online?  (Read 70213 times)

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Who else is online?
« on: September 01, 2014, 11:49:45 AM »
Hurrah, IM is working again!

I have a sim online right now, populated with a work in progress bot of mine, "Einstein". Occasionally I get something called "Mutate" through, but there isn't much variety other than that. So I was wondering, what is this bot and where does it come from? How is Einstein doing in other sims?

Also, to those who aren't on internet mode, and have a spare CPU core they aren't using, why not come join the fun? :)
"I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars."

-Charles Darwin

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: Who else is online?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 12:08:24 PM »
That is from my eco_evo simulations. Go to simulation emporium and follow instructions to configure. Works by systematically evolving a mutate robot against a base robot. For the name of any given robot go to DNA and view the label on top. Anyone can edit the names for this things at runtime, the robots are constantly evolving after all. This mode does restart once in a while as it is constantly optimizing. Just do not put a robot that dies instantly.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 12:12:30 PM »
Also I do recommend all my mutation modes (mutations tab in global settings). I am not running a normal IM so I have no idea how your robot is doing. If you want to progressively evolve your robot my mode is your best bet.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 12:14:15 PM by Botsareus »

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 12:15:56 PM »
Is it possible to have it set to see the normal names for such bots? Instead of having to clicking in the dna window. There may be several mutate/base bots and I would only see it as one specie.
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 12:16:58 PM »
Sounds interesting. So you have an evosim connected to internet mode? Aren't you worried you'll get an invasion from Fruitflies or something? Or do you only have an outbound portal?
"I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars."

-Charles Darwin

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 12:35:49 PM »
It was a bad move on my part to put the strongest darwinbot in the world into IM :/ I just got tiered of sea snake hydra.
I am hoping that if people make there settings and robots unique enough someone will beat them. I am doing so soon myself.

Peter, the use of the graphs is to display flux between the mutate and base robots only. How about a msgbox from help that lists all unique robot tags instead?

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 12:38:09 PM »
Also to preload a robot with a tag add 
Code: [Select]
'#tag:blabla to the DNA.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 12:39:27 PM »
What about.

Seasnake (base)
Seasnake (mutate)

So it can be distinguished from other base/mutated bots.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 12:40:47 PM »
Good idea, mod soon.

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 12:42:55 PM »
It was a bad move on my part to put the strongest darwinbot in the world into IM :/

What might that be?

-Charles Darwin

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 12:44:19 PM »
It is really hard to beat.
And I am running the same source code everyone else is.

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 12:46:27 PM »
Are you talking about Fruit Flies v0.21?

-Charles Darwin

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 12:49:19 PM »
I am. Just saved myself some time for another person to do some thing this stupid, I guess. Going to start a sim on XP to see how bad it has become. :/

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2014, 12:51:36 PM »
I have indeed had a couple of massive invasions from them, but they don't appear to be very well suited to my sim. Einstein has survived through both of them, and emerged victorious, manly through waiting until the fruit flies starve.

-Charles Darwin

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2014, 12:56:27 PM »
In my sim there's a fight going on between 834 fruit flies, 361 etch and around 20 einstein bots. Lower in numbers, but each einstein bot is quite a bit bigger.