Author Topic: Tides, as an addition to the weather aspect.  (Read 12692 times)

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Re: Tides, as an addition to the weather aspect.
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2014, 04:15:22 PM »
Ok, how about this: The tides are nothing but a giant invisible shape that is generated where the tide starts. Then the shape moves to where the tide ends, and moves backwards to where it was generated. Then the process is repeated. This shape could have variables that aren't in normal shapes, such as the ability for a bot to pass through the shape with little or no resistance. It's simple. Kind of like a big, invisible push broom.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2014, 10:06:20 PM »
How about just set the feeding methods to quote 'favor large sterile vegys' How about actual wait for a mod to come out and play with it yourself before making further comments? How about actually figuring out why a certain feature is not working before claiming a senior rev. has no idea what he is doing?

I do not know how networking works but I am trying my best to learn it.
I do not know how ecosystems with chloroplasts really form but my desire to move on to stuff I actually understand has over powered my curiosity at this point.
Like any person I have a set of goals in life, and recreating another earth is not on the list.
This is my last statement on the subject.

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2014, 04:40:37 AM »
I guess Botsareus are eager to get Darwinbots 2 finished and done with. I personally don't think it needs any more features. Also there must be a limit how much you can add to it before it starts to slow down to much.

There's eventually going to be a Darwinbots 3 at some point, with maybe a lot of cool new things for the next generation of computers.  :)
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2014, 11:31:38 AM »
I'm okay with beginning work on DB3. I just basically use what I have right now.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline vrukt

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2014, 12:47:23 PM »
Trying to answer every post in 1 here.

Debugging
I can try and help you with debugging Botsareus, but I'm afraid that I'm but a clever amateur. I can learn, and I understand the concept, but no clue how much actual help I'll be. (I'm Canadian, we're soup sandwich soft compared to you Russians)

Overnight Sim with 8174bot
The overnight simulation looked interesting, especially the split between bot sizes, did you notice anything else that was interesting?
That bot is just a mash of nonsense I've been evolving, I don't think it needs to be debugged yet. After 3 million cycles it was the only one to have 15 generations and a kill.

Documentation
By documentation I really just meant a small blurb on the Darwinbots Wiki. One that says how you start it up, what you should be watching for, how you restart it after the program closes, how it backs up bots to an evolution folder, etc.

Complications due to Tidal mode
As for complications arising due to tidal mode. My hope was that it would be a simple method to tie several physical functions together, that may yield some unforeseen results. If it got complex, or became a headache, my recommendation would be to ditch it in favor of Darwinbots as a whole. My intention is not to clog up the development process, or cause Botsareus undue stress. 

Using a large shape to stir/Rebuilding the Earth!
The stirring with the shape concept is something I thought of as well when coming up with the tidal idea. As the shapes were static, I thought it would be harder to implement than gravity cycling. Either way Botsareus doesn't want to rebuild Earth, so I'm not about to make him.

Favoring work towards Darwinbots 3
If development wants to go towards Darwinbots 3, fine by me. I just saw development still going forwards with 2, so thought I'd add a suggestion. Had no idea if anyone would pick it up in the first place. I'm quite excited for Darwinbots 3 myself :)

Thanks for everyone paying this much attention to my whimsical idea though! :D
When is it alive?

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2014, 12:52:42 PM »
Complications due to Tidal mode + Using a large shape to stir/Rebuilding the Earth!

Wait for DB3, my goal was to last you guys out until I get IM working.
Also, I am not the one to blame for IM still not working. I have tried my best.

Documentation

I already explained that I have documentation, just waiting for a review to submit it.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 12:54:31 PM by Botsareus »

Offline vrukt

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2014, 12:58:28 PM »
Complications due to Tidal mode + Using a large shape to stir/Rebuilding the Earth!

Wait for DB3, my goal was to last you guys out until I get IM working.
Also, I am not the one to blame for IM still not working. I have tried my best.

Documentation

I already explained that I have documentation, just waiting for a review to submit it.

As far as I can tell you're doing a wonderful job Botsareus! I've seen your posts on trying to get IM working, you're obviously trying very hard.

Hopefully it starts behaving for you soon, and ends your mission to get it working.

Not only for your sake, but I'm sure everyone wants to play with some IM
When is it alive?

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2014, 06:32:24 PM »
Yeah, the tidal idea sounds cool. LOL. I thought page 4 in this thread was the first page so I completely missed the discussion you've been having here.   :P
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline vrukt

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2014, 06:37:34 PM »
Tidal mode is in the latest version now, trying it out 2.48.06.

Thanks very much Botsareus, seems perfect so far, just trying it with your new light mode on an overnight eco-evolution sim.

Hope to get some new results :D
When is it alive?