Code center > Suggestions

Proposal: New chloroplast engine and DB2.48

(1/6) > >>

Botsareus:
Credits:

The following idea was inspired by a lot of people here. Main contributes in most meaningful order are Tom, Panda, Spork and Testlund.

Pointers:

* The idea is, that when you turn weather on,The sun moves in random directions across the screen and the 'scope' of the sun changes as you can see in the picture attached. The scope will change from 1/4 the width of the screen to whole screen. Formula will be:

--- Code: ---width = 0.25 + 0.75 * (r ^ 2)

--- End code ---

where r is a random number between 0 and 1 that slowly adjusts itself.

If a robot is not in the 'scope' of the sun it thinks it is night time (.daytime sysvar) and it is treated like it is night time (FeedThisCycle = False)

* Robots with more chloroplasts will gain mass in liner fashion instead exponentially. This will prevent 'drifters' or robots that cheat by following the sun around.

* I am removing my ugly chloroplast kill rules (as yet unreleased version, just was playing with it) and expending 'disable chloroplasts' to prevent chloroplast sharing.

* From now on robots will only be allowed to share chloroplasts with other robots who have DNA genetic distance within 75% of the other robot. If the condition is not met the robot is not allowed to share chloroplasts again for 8 cycles. This is to prevent nasty program hangs where a robot computes genetic distance on each cycle. (Learned my lesson from sexrepro)

* Finally, I want weather to be on during the leagues. All I am trying to do is eliminate the environment inconsistency during evolution and league modes. (As I always did)

This does mean I will have to rerun the leagues, however, I will set the transition to step ladder at 31 not 24 this time. As I want the ratio of successful to average bots in the result to be 16:~15 not 8:~15.

P.S.

I am only implementing this if that last point is met, so that does not leave you guys with much wiggle room. Although I am still willing to hear your comments.

If this thing is a go it will mean I'll stick around for a while because I will have to rerun the leagues.

Botsareus:
Well, so far at least Shadow and Peter do not hate it. Although I am getting a feeling I just screwed Peter as he was 25% trough an experiment.

Shadowgod2:
i like the idea

Peter:
I'm actually not quite sure what to think of it, I may hate it soon enough. ;)
First see what others have to say about it. Playing wait and see.

Why a moving sun?
Why does it move randomly?
Why become bigger/smaller?

Shadowgod2:
it's suppose to represent clouds which:
moves
moves fairly randomly
becomes more (less sun) or less (more sun) cloud cover

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version