Author Topic: Chloroplasts still suck!  (Read 3372 times)

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Chloroplasts still suck!
« on: August 12, 2014, 10:43:59 AM »
Ok so 111 hours now, it is looking like it is beginning to stabilize. Definitely not something I expected to see as mutations in flux pretty good. See picky attached.

I do not know if it was by design or not. (My common sense tells me that Panda was not that evil to completely break evolution in darwinbots by design) But plain and simple, chloroplasts leads to robot evolving just that - chloroplasts. After they evolve them, they tend to do nothing more.

So this one goes to Panda (If he is really not that evil) Panda, when you have time, ask some of your post docs or an awesome library how the hell did humans evolve from plants? TY

Also for Panda, that 'fix' for chloroplasts we where talking about that you wanted to be more mechanical worked for me but only if you have point mutations.

I'll keep grinding this thing, do expect an update.

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Re: Chloroplasts still suck!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 12:19:10 PM »
Well, I wasn't here when there wasn't any chloroplasts, so.. I'm just used to it. Also, I suggest, instead of removing chloroplasts completely, why not make them an unreliable tool? In real life, sometimes there's a storm that blocks sunlight from getting to the plants. So why not add an option for storms, where the sun randomly turns on and off for random amounts of time? The plants don't get a constant energy source anymore, which means other plants evolve to attack the plants again.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 12:34:59 PM »
I already added that, see picky on usage.

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 02:53:01 PM »
make long nights, i have 6000 cycles before day comes. turn to night when it reaches nrg level, i have 20000000 nrg.

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 08:31:35 AM »
..chloroplasts leads to robot evolving just that - chloroplasts. After they evolve them, they tend to do nothing more.

You're saying they will stop mutating after they get chloroplasts?  :blink: If they continue to mutate they should be able to evolve to do anything.

..how the hell did humans evolve from plants? TY

They didn't, or everyone would just be sitting around making chlorophyll. What a peaceful way of living!  :happy:
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.