Author Topic: I GOT HACKED BY GUESS WHO?  (Read 11764 times)

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile

Offline vrukt

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
Re: I GOT HACKED BY GUESS WHO?
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2014, 12:08:27 PM »
Profound!

Conclusions

In order to ensure system success, there are several factors to keep in mind:

1. Don?t cut corners, methodologically. In the long run, this results in system failure or an
inadequate system that doesn?t meet the users? needs.
2. Audit each major deliverable and step along the way for accuracy and correctness.
3. Carefully monitor top management support for the project. Make sure that managers are
aware of the progress of the team.
4. Secure the correct technical lead for the project.

There is no free lunch in software engineering. If you insist on keeping costs low and hurrying the
project along, then quality will be low or the risk of failure will be high no matter how well the project
is managed.
When is it alive?

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2014, 12:10:14 PM »
You do realize that the only reason for you saying that is to give me a hard time right? That is the very reason I posted it.

Offline vrukt

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2014, 12:20:28 PM »
Calm down Botsareus, you seem high-strung!

I was just reiterating the conclusion for reference and conversation purposes.

I was not trying to give you a hard time.
When is it alive?

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2014, 01:14:44 PM »
So here is an interesting thing that happened to me recently:

I get a call from one of my Moms clients to fix a computer. It had some reasonably weak malware so it took me half an hour. I usually charge 20$ for stuff like this, I am being humble. I get enough from the disability payments, but actual lunch money I can use for myself I never refuse. I made the recommendation to buy a new computer, and untangle the mass of power cords on the floor.

Next thing I find out is that the person screwed my mom for being over demanding. Something about not paying enough for a haircut done at home. These where irrelevant facts to me so I dismissed them as such.

Next, I get a call from another Russian couple asking to fix a computer, they where apparently at there wits end. This was the first red flag, why call an export at the last second?
Turns out with comcasts latest f* up there cable splitters where only rated up to 900Mhz, not the new internet broadcast at 1200Mhz. I recommended calling Comcast, although, I could have easily recommended buying a splitter themselves, I just wanted to troll comcast a little at this point. The second issue was more interesting, apparently they got a stoxnet level virus. I go to msconfig and services to remove the damn thing, and as soon as I reboot the shit is back. I even did a batch hack attempting to replace the exe file that is screwing with cpu fan and cpu lag during startup. But the damn thing loads as service before physical startup. Only what service? Never figured it out. Anyway thats besides the point. 30$ is a good deal. BUT DURING THE WHOLE PROCESS THEY WHERE WATCHING ME LIKE A HAWK, that is the second red flag that something is up.

Finally, today in the morning I discover whatsup. The first russian I went to fix a computer for. Toled everyone she knew. That I quote "He never fixed my computer. All he did is bang on it a couple of times." Really? So I went in there to punch the computer a couple of times?

Well first of lady, you should know what kicking a computer does. A good drop from 3 feet may indeed screw the hard drive if it is currently running. Nothing else. Unless the mother board is a peace of crap and a diode flies off.

That is life people, real life. You can not change it. You can not escape it no matter where you are. No matter what you do. No matter have far you run and hide. No matter have much you social isolate. No matter how much you attempt to stay sane by working on pure logic. It will always get you. That is why people still die. That is why I lost all hope a long time ago.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2014, 04:06:32 PM »
Don't tell them. If you tell them it breaks when you drop it from 3 feet when running, they'll hear it can't break if it isn't running.

Call a export, you're planning to go anywhere? :P
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2014, 04:12:27 PM »
Ok, scratch the 'call a export' part. More like call a dude who can fix a comp. for practically free.

Don't tell them. If you tell them it breaks when you drop it from 3 feet when running, they'll hear it can't break if it isn't running.

That is what I want everyone to hear, so more people buy this old clunky basterds cheap and then want someone to fix them cheap.

And I did not tell 'them' anything other then time for a new comp. and fix the wire mess on the floor before you get a short.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 04:13:59 PM by Botsareus »

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2014, 07:11:35 AM »
Profound!

Conclusions

In order to ensure system success, there are several factors to keep in mind:

1. Don?t cut corners, methodologically. In the long run, this results in system failure or an
inadequate system that doesn?t meet the users? needs.
2. Audit each major deliverable and step along the way for accuracy and correctness.
3. Carefully monitor top management support for the project. Make sure that managers are
aware of the progress of the team.
4. Secure the correct technical lead for the project.

There is no free lunch in software engineering. If you insist on keeping costs low and hurrying the
project along, then quality will be low or the risk of failure will be high no matter how well the project
is managed.
Copied and pasted from a old wikipedia thread. Anyway, solution if this is contained in DB2 (Because I can theorystorm programs.):
Force it into a high mutation sim making it rendered unusable, and force it so save over its existing file...should work.
BTW, make some sort of security to this and wtf is 'sleepy' and why does your DB program logo have a green line on it.
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2014, 09:17:27 PM »
Yep, both happened here. Also the teleporter size changing as a bonus.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2014, 09:23:18 PM »
Most effective btw was Peters where you screw with tie logic or the video output directly.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2014, 09:34:01 PM »
Spike, can you tell me if you can get away with your specific procedures in c#? Lets light a fire under Numsgil to force him to reply...