Author Topic: My weird A_Praxidikae  (Read 13828 times)

Offline Unc

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
My weird A_Praxidikae
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2005, 06:41:51 PM »
Yup.  He gets taken down fast by Hunter 2.3.  Ah well.  I suppose that leaves me with a goal to improve on, eh?   :D

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
My weird A_Praxidikae
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2005, 07:42:31 PM »
Pretty much beats everything else though, including Icarus, Ymir and Destinatus Preliator.

That is going to place it second (unofficially) in the F2 league unless something really strange happens. I have run the league from home now and confirmed this but I have a nasty feeling that a few of my robot files may be messed up. (they worked on my other PC)

For example, I venia and Equalite don't move at all  :blink:
Icarus and Ymir don't seem anything like their old selves either.  :(

I need to look into this. Maybe it is just a feature of V2.37. Sometimes certain robots just go tits up when we change versions.

Great start Unc. It's not often that a newbie come in and stuffs the top bots. Shen was the last one to do it.  :D
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline Unc

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
My weird A_Praxidikae
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2005, 08:35:07 PM »
:D   Thanks!

I think I'll give up on trying to Prax for now, and work on some new bot.  I tried messing arround with Prax to see if I could get it to do any better against Hunter 2.3, but the best I could get him to do would put up a fight, but still end up losing.  Hunter's a tough little sucker, heh.

I have some "creative" ideas I want to give a try, and see if they are practical or not.   :ph43r:

Oh, and quick question.  What version should I be using?  I'm using 2.36 currently.  I take it 2.37 is the way to go?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 08:41:38 PM by Unc »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
My weird A_Praxidikae
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2005, 09:41:22 PM »
2.37 is the most official, although it has some bugs in it still.  If anyone notices any major behavior differences between 2.36 and 2.37 they're probably bugs, because not that much was changed between the two.

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
My weird A_Praxidikae
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2005, 11:38:26 AM »
I am evaluating the leagues in 2.37. (at home) and 2.36.7 at work
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 09:07:20 AM by PurpleYouko »
and those who don't

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
My weird A_Praxidikae
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2005, 09:11:40 AM »
Well here is an interesting development.

When I got to work today I found that Prax was stopped cold by Purple Flamma. I reran it again to be sure and Flamma stuffs it but good!

At home on V2.37 it was the other way around. Flamma was hardly able to compete at all.

I think there may have been some bigger changes between 2.36 and 2.37 than we realized

I haven't upgraded my version at work yet because I can't seem to get 2.37 to run stable whereas 2.36.7 ran happily all weekend without a hiccup.
At home 2.37 crashes every couple of rounds. I had to run the league manually cuz it wouldn't run long enough to finish it.

To be honest I prefer 2.36.7.
and those who don't

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
My weird A_Praxidikae
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2005, 01:57:56 PM »
I'll compare 2.37 and 2.36 to see all the code changes.  Most changes into 2.37 were relatively small things that shouldn't effect running the simulation.  There's obviously something very wrong.

Offline Unc

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
My weird A_Praxidikae
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2005, 02:46:07 PM »
Huh.  That's bizzare.

On 2.6.1 Prax crushes Purple Flamma.

All these different versions are getting confusing   :lol:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 03:08:42 PM by Unc »

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
My weird A_Praxidikae
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2005, 03:23:52 PM »
OK I have solved part of the problem.

Unc went and changed Prax versions on me so that explains a lot of the difference.

Purple flamma defeats Prax mkI but Prax mkII is much stronger.

Incidentally it should not be possible to overwrite an existing bot in the beastiary.  :(

I will go and fix that right away.

I still have non functional bots in 2.37 though. I venia and Equalite just sit there and never move. I will check out 2.37 on this PC to see if it happens here too.
and those who don't

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
My weird A_Praxidikae
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2005, 03:29:09 PM »
Hmmmm.

It would appear that there is no way for admin to disable a member's rights to edit his own posts in one forum without applying the same restrictions to all of them.

That sucks.  :(

I will just have to ask you to not do it again please. In the mean time I will repost Prax mkI as it is still quite a decent bot.
and those who don't

Offline Unc

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
My weird A_Praxidikae
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2005, 03:36:00 PM »
Oops.  Very sorry.  I was unaware it was against the rules.  I just figured I'd replace the old version with the substantially better one.  Won't happen again.

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
My weird A_Praxidikae
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2005, 03:41:29 PM »
Not so much against the rules as supposedly impossible.

Looks like you found a bug in our forum  :D

My only other option would be to restrict posting priveleges in the beastiary to admin only and you would have a new place to actually submit the robots. Then Moderators would move them to the right slot in the beastiary after running them through the correct leaugue(s)

Might actually work better that way with a separate stable for bots waiting to be entered.
and those who don't

Offline Unc

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
My weird A_Praxidikae
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2005, 03:45:20 PM »
That doesn't sound like such a bad idea.  Would make it easy to see which bots still need to be run through, and would prevent mishaps like mine from occuring.   :P

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
My weird A_Praxidikae
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2005, 03:51:00 PM »
I venia still doesn't work in 2.37 or 2.36

I just checked its code and by the looks of it the bloody thing could never have worked.

Yet it clearly did  :blink:

check this gene out
Code: [Select]
cond
  *.refshoot 0 =
  *.refup 0 =
start
  1 60 store
stop

Sets 1 into mem(60) if its refshhot and refup are both equal to zero. Since these are not refreshed each cycle, the only way it will ever not set 60 to 1 is if it sees something that has a shoot or a move gene.

That neatly counts out veggies!

Later on in the genome it requires that mem(60) is equal to zero before it is allowed to shoot or move. Only the fact that mem(60) is set to zero at the start of each cycle allows this thing to work ever.

Basically if this bot is sitting alone in the middle of a field full of veggies, it will do absolutely nothing.

WTF is going on. This thing used to be the top bot at one time and now it won't even move to save its life.

Have I got an infestation of DNA fairies or something?  :blink:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 03:51:22 PM by PurpleYouko »
and those who don't

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
My weird A_Praxidikae
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2005, 03:56:31 PM »
The problem with equalite is just that it totally sucks (sorry Henk)

I can't get it to survive as a species even without competitors. They just orbit the veggies until they run out of juice. Then it's all over!.

I can hear that fat lady singing from here.

Oh wait! That might be that other fat lady who sang with Freddy Mercury in Barcelona. "Montserat Cavalier" or some stupid name like that.
and those who don't