Author Topic: My weird A_Praxidikae  (Read 13833 times)

Offline Unc

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
My weird A_Praxidikae
« on: July 29, 2005, 04:17:46 PM »
Hello all.  My "first" bot, but I have been tinkering with it for quite a while now.  I was wondering which league to enter it in, it seems to do same the in either one.  Quite well until either TheOne or Excalibur shows up, basically. :D  I've got it listed in the F2 forum for now.  A_Praxidikae_Mk2

Some of the code is cluttered, as I have been changing things left and right, heh.  The basic idea is to eat and breed for the first few hundred cycles, then go into "tough" mode, building body and conserving energy, while hitting harder.

It's kinda fun to watch.  Put it up against DIN. They both build up to about 50, then A_Prax gets outnumbered FAST, about 1 to 3 or 4 usually, and eventually A_Praxidikae pulls back.

Edit:  The new and much improved A_Praxidikae_Mk2
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 03:30:04 AM by Unc »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
My weird A_Praxidikae
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 04:30:09 PM »
Some of the genes are, well, confusing.  Did you pull random genes from disparate bots?  Reminds me of Ghen's writing in Myst (and if that reference just passed over your head, you suck  ;) )

Offline Unc

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
My weird A_Praxidikae
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 04:32:02 PM »
Well, let's just say that some of the genes were attempted to be used, did not work, and some did not get properly removed.   I tried to clean it up a little, and, well, it stopped working.  So I left well enough alone.  :P
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 04:32:42 PM by Unc »

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
My weird A_Praxidikae
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 04:39:38 PM »
I am currently running A_Praxidikae in the F2 league (using V2.36.7)

A_Prax got off to a good enough start, despatching C Discernens in short order.
Now after 35,000 cycles he has just won the first round against Jez's pesky little poison bot, Circumversor Cantharisa.
A_Prax got a good start but Cantharisa came up with a really weird defence system. Due to the age of the DNA (V2.35 or therabouts) she has no waste removal gene. This rapidly resulted in her getting stuck to the spot via Alzheimer's. At this point she built up a great big flotilla of rotating, fixed, poisonous robots that blast the crap out of anyone coming close.

It worked pretty well and almost won her the first round. At one point she led by 298 to 21. Eventually she just starved to death and A_Prax took the first round.

The second round ended quickly with A_Prax's second win. The third is kind of equal so far. I am pretty confident that A_Prax is going to take the contest though.

I will let you know how far he gets before DB crashes  :rolleyes:
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline Unc

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
My weird A_Praxidikae
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 04:41:09 PM »
lol.

I can't figure it out.  Prax won't shoot at either Cantharis or Cantharissa.

:(
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 04:42:07 PM by Unc »

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
My weird A_Praxidikae
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 04:53:55 PM »
It looks like he tries to!
He just has his shoot memory location messed up I think. Poison will do that to you.
Check the eye numbers and stuff. Sometimes you just come up against a bot that appears to be a conspec.

Anyway, finally beat Cantharisa, wiped out EDD (E Diplomaticus Diplo) and is currently Battling I Venia. Slowly winning but not that effectively. Prax just seems to slow to catch them.

I am a little surprised at how easily he beat EDD. I normally have more trouble with him than with any other lower level bot when I am making a new contender.

Venia has finally fallen and Lisa Vegetarious got carved up like a stick of celary in a liquidizer.

D Pointer Algaefagus looks like going th esame way but a LOT slower. Speed again. Prax is just too slow when he gets older.
and those who don't

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
My weird A_Praxidikae
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2005, 04:55:11 PM »
This rapidly resulted in her getting stuck to the spot via Alzheimer's. At this point she built up a great big flotilla of rotating, fixed, poisonous robots that blast the crap out of anyone coming close.
Oh, this sounds fun.  I might make a bot that works like this.  By pumping out a steady stream of shots you can usually hit something.

Offline Unc

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
My weird A_Praxidikae
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2005, 04:57:37 PM »
Hmmm...  I'm still very new to this.  How can I speed him up?  Is his body getting too large in old age?  Or should I merely increase his acceleration when he spots something?

I've noticed that the more aggresive the bot, the better Prax seems to do.  Probably because they come to him.  Hmm...

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
My weird A_Praxidikae
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2005, 04:59:45 PM »
Algaefagus has fallen and Equalite is well on its way down.

Unfortunately I am going to have to leave as my wife is picking me up in five minutes. I will leave the league running and with any luck it will still be OK in the morning.

Bye guys.

PS Equalite dead too. Just started in against Cantharis, the tougher of the poison twins. neck and neck at 80 bots each after 5000 cycles.
OOH! cantharis is now leading 198 to 80.

Crap I have to go. :(
and those who don't

Offline Unc

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
My weird A_Praxidikae
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2005, 05:02:03 PM »
Heh. ok, thanks for running him through.  I'm still trying to assemble all the bots to run the league, heh.

Dang, he does bad against poison.   :D

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
My weird A_Praxidikae
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2005, 05:22:25 PM »
Poison is only triggered by -1 shots, so you can circumvent it by switching to -6 shots if the enemy has poison.

Offline Unc

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
My weird A_Praxidikae
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2005, 05:53:47 PM »
I'm starting to think that it's not so much the poison as the fact that for some reason, Prax can't kill Cantharis.  Prax just kind of wigs out when he sees Cantharis, and even when he does go after Cantharis, he can't manage to kill it before it gets away.

Hmmm....

Offline Unc

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
My weird A_Praxidikae
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2005, 10:38:49 PM »
Alright, I fixed the targeting problem.  I merely removed some of the friendly fire conditions.  So, now, every so often it will blast one of it's own, but now actually fights the other bots without spazzing out.  What can I say?  I was getting tired of having to wait 30,000+ cycles for fights to finish with Cantharis.  Now they are over in under 1000.

If you could give the "new and improved" version a run, I'd be very appreciative.  :D  I replaced the old version with the new one in the Bestiary.  On my computer, it got all the way to Excalibur before losing.

EDIT:  I just got done running PraxMk2 through the F1 league, just to see how he'd do.  Suprised the hell out of me, was what he did!  Got through all of it without problem (Well, Spanish Conquistidor caused the program to crash a few times...), beat DIN_Endy  (lost 2 rounds, though), before finally getting crushed by TheOne.  Dang.  Didn't even stand a chance against it.  Hmmm.....
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 03:29:24 AM by Unc »

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
My weird A_Praxidikae
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2005, 04:55:06 PM »
Wow! that is a bit surprising.

I would bet that the main reason he does so wel is that he is probably one of the only 3 or 4 bots ever designed in V2.36.7. The others include The One and my own latest Hunter bot. Even Spanish Conquistador is getting old now.

I will try out your new version when I get the chance. I am not on the same PC as I was yesterday.
and those who don't

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
My weird A_Praxidikae
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2005, 05:02:35 PM »
If you want to see your bot get creamed real good, try it against Hunter 2.3

Utterly stuffed in an average of about 700 cycles  :P