Author Topic: My coffee mystery  (Read 3714 times)

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
My coffee mystery
« on: July 16, 2014, 06:00:01 AM »
I take the exact same measure of water every day for my coffee machine, but still I get different amount of coffee each time. So when I get less coffee it means some of the water disappeared to somewhere, but where? If you solve that you win a package of alternative grown Swedish coffee.   :balloon:
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: My coffee mystery
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 11:40:27 AM »
If there's limescale in the machine the water can't run smoothly through it, and the holdup makes more water vaporize. Because it runs less smooth, the amount of water that's vaporizes also isn't stable.

You could clean it by running vinegar through the machine. If afterwards more water transforms into coffee and it also makes coffee quicker. You may have found the culprit!
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 12:02:29 PM »
It's true that I have never cleaned it. I have a small lamp on it that is supposed to lit when there becomes too much lime, but I think it's fake cause I've never seen it lit.

I've had this coffee machine for many years now so I think it's high time to clean it.  :P

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 01:28:08 AM »
I don't drink coffee, but the word around the office is that it also tastes much better after a good cleaning.  So even if you don't solve the mystery of the missing coffee water, a good cleaning will probably be worth the effort :D

Also, make sure you run the vinegar through it somewhere you don't need to be.  It can smell pretty strong.

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 04:26:43 PM »
Yeah, I will buy some vinegar next time I go shopping. Thanks for the tip! I'm curious how much the taste will be improved.  :)