Author Topic: GUI bug in 2.37.5  (Read 5902 times)

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
GUI bug in 2.37.5
« on: November 13, 2005, 06:39:46 PM »
Ok, this thing is very reproducible for me.  It happens every time I try.  

Click on "Toggle mutations" button and it switches the text below from "Mutations Enabled" to "Mutations disabled".  Close Mutations panel, open it again: the text says "mutations enabled".  They are not really enabled, as I run the sim for a while and I don't see any mutants appearing.

Just in case it is something with my particular settings, I'm attaching the settings file I am using.

Side note: Any chance the graphs will be fixed soon?  "Average mutations" graph shows mutations appearing even though they are not.  It used to work fine.
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
GUI bug in 2.37.5
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 07:27:19 PM »
I hated those sorts of GUI bugs.

The problem is that when you set up the initial display caption, it triggers the function that checks for clicks on the button...

Graphs work fine for me in 2.4.9, and I didn't change anything to get to 2.4 from 2.37 in this regard I don't think...  Anyway, are you sure that no mutations are happening?  remember that if all bots but one have 0 mutations, and one bot has like 20, average mutations will say a rather larger number than you'd think...

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
GUI bug in 2.37.5
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 08:55:30 PM »
OK, I'll double-check.  Still there is a problem of the text turning back to "Mutations Enabled" after you close the "mutations" panel and then open it again.

As for graphs, "average mutations" graph was going steadily up, while "Average mutations/DNA length" stayed at zero.  So, one of them must be lying :)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
GUI bug in 2.37.5
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 09:09:19 PM »
Hmm, most peculiar.  If you have time, check to see if a similar problem is occurring in 2.4...

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
GUI bug in 2.37.5
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 10:41:48 PM »
Well, I started another sim and run it for a longer time.  Now I see the mutants, so it's not a GUI bug.  Or maybe I did something that changed things.  Kind of hard to tell with that text always saying "Mutations Enabled"...  I tried to click on "Toggle mutations" even and odd number of times (to see if it switches behind the scene), but it seems to make no difference.

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
GUI bug in 2.37.5
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 09:36:32 AM »
This is a definite bug and is on my "to-fix" list for 2.37.5

Right now though, I am trying to eliminate anything that actually crashes the program so please bear with me while I get to th eGUI stuff.

Right now I am chasing down a bug that allows poison to get way to big.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D