Author Topic: Feeder Veggie (Veggie)(RStonepeak) - 06.08.14  (Read 3555 times)

Offline RStonepeak

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Feeder Veggie (Veggie)(RStonepeak) - 06.08.14
« on: August 06, 2014, 03:12:04 PM »
I designed this veggie recently to support an early zero bot sim with minimal costs of living. The general idea is that the veggie will periodically spit out free energy for the zero bots, giving them varying levels of energy should any of them evolve to use that in their code. This also allows you to implement minimal costs of living, further increasing the variety. I would recommend turning on the "Don't decay nrg shots" option, and placing a single Feeder Veggie in the simulation (I have confirmed that one Feeder Veggie with "Don't Decay NRG Shots" turned on is able to support a sim of 100 zero bots using F1 default costs at a 0.1 cost multiplier).

It goes through two stages of development (Seed => Adult)
As a seed it is only concerned with gaining chloroplast and body. Once both of these are at a high enough amount, it moves onto the adult stage.
As an adult, it will spit out energy for as long as it has high enough energy, body, and chloroplast levels. If any of these drops below a pre-determined threshold, it will stop spitting out energy, and produce whatever is lacking.

I would be interested to hear what happens if anyone put them into an actual simulation (as I've only used them to support my zero bot sims so far). Also, feel free to message me with any questions about the code.

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Re: Feeder Veggie (Veggie)(RStonepeak) - 06.08.14
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 10:56:30 AM »
Interesting. I'd like to try them.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!