Author Topic: Radical Mutations  (Read 19453 times)

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Re: Radical Mutations
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2014, 11:29:39 PM »
Oh, the little light blue ones are the patient zero bots. It didn't start out like that. They reproduced really fast and overwhelmed everything. This was the result of my experimenting with the virus gene. But I'll try your settings file  later.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2014, 10:45:47 AM »
I tried out your base thing with a variant of the Octopus with the zombie gene, and they successfully managed to infect a plant cluster and some Animal_Minimalis, which acted as expected; they looked away from infected plants and the octopus.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2014, 11:02:48 AM »
It's been going pretty well in this world. The zombie bots are displaying an ability to travel in groups as multiple species without becoming hostile toward one another.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2014, 11:04:06 AM »
oh they don't do well in the size they are in, just decrease by one and that should make a self stabilizing sim with about 3-500 bots (the smallest with animalmin)

also add a slime gene in with the alga

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2014, 11:05:58 AM »
ok maybe with me they don't because they die out eventually

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2014, 02:12:03 PM »
Well, it's not really a stable ecosystem. The plants either get eaten or become infected and lose their ability to photosynthesize. At least nothing evolved to become laggy. It might be better to make it so that it repopulates the plants when the energy gets too low.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2014, 11:32:26 AM »
I've been recently experimenting with a variant of the Alga Reactum that creates trails in order to move. Actually, they worked better than expected. When placed in a confined space, most often the core of a plant cluster,  they reproduce a little, and spread the virus to the nearby plants. They eventually enter an extremely unstable state in which they bounce around and knock all the infected plants out of the way. In addition, these "crawling plants" form geometrical structures with right angles and more, as well as circling around other creatures. I'm not sure whether or not to call it a plant or an animal, but it's good at spreading the virus.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 11:50:33 AM by spork22 »
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2014, 03:09:29 PM »
I think you guys should eventually put a robot together to see if you can nuke the top spot on F1 league with a virus.  >:D

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2014, 03:11:30 PM »
not a bad idea. :devil:

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2014, 08:23:49 PM »
Yeah. But maybe we should perfect this zombie virus and the other one shadowgod was planning to make that takes control of the genes or something first. Or we could just use the zombies AS the bot.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2014, 11:34:56 PM »
ok try this one

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2014, 01:42:22 PM »
Ok. Right away, I noticed these guys are really fast. Next, I saw some infected plants actually go toward other plants. Is this supposed to happen?
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2014, 02:03:03 PM »
They might need a better turning mechanism, for a long while, they just go in one direction until the toroidal screen gets them to bump into a plant.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2014, 03:58:32 PM »
OK, after observing the original bot the virus came with, I decided to put the virus gene in other bots. After a few hours of testing different ones, I got one bot that stood out. Remember my idea for a Divider thing? Well, I used the genes from that and put it into a bot called Tier, which evidently ties onto things that it sees. Then I put the zombie virus gene into it, and it worked pretty well. The infected plants are too fast for the bot to maintain a grip on it, but it can still get enough energy from the other plants it's tied to.

Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2014, 09:03:55 PM »
Could it be possible to make it so that if a zombie has enough energy, it can "sneeze" a bunch of tinier zombies to make infection a lot more probable?
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!