Author Topic: a few more slight problems  (Read 2928 times)

Offline Ronald Taylor

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
a few more slight problems
« on: July 29, 2005, 04:17:03 AM »
As long as I delete both the robots then select and add them back into the window it doesn't overload and when I remember to check the autotroph box the robots are okay (what does the blocked box do anyway?) but then a little while into the simulation everything gets really slow and jerky.  Also v2.37 apparently switches to v2.36 when I open the new simulation window.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
a few more slight problems
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 05:00:41 AM »
As long as I delete both the robots then select and add them back into the window it doesn't overload and when I remember to check the autotroph box the robots are okay
You can save the new settings as your default, or some other preselected settings file, so that you don't have to remember to do all that stuff.  The default is autoloaded at the start of the simulation.

(what does the blocked box do anyway?)

Blocked makes the species unable to physically move.  It's generally agreed that un blocked is far more interesting.

but then a little while into the simulation everything gets really slow and jerky.

I'm afraid this one isn't so easy.  You're going to have to accept some simulation speeds that aren't terrific.  I usually aim for about 10 cycles/sec (there's a status bar at the bottom that tells you your current rate).  You can also turn off skins and poffs for a speed boost, and turn of graphical display all together if you like.  The buttons for that are on the control panel.  Hover your mouse over different pictures until you see the ones I'm talking about.

Also v2.37 apparently switches to v2.36 when I open the new simulation window.

Sometimes we forget to change the status bar to the correct version.  It's a graphical bug only.