Author Topic: Buggers  (Read 2814 times)

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Buggers
« on: May 29, 2014, 07:47:17 PM »
I'd like some help in making a bot, which I want to call the Formica Dominatus. It will be divided into two types: the Queens and the Drones.
Queens are defined as the largest of all of the Formica. It is protected by the drones that it makes. Drones are the soldiers. The queens and the drones communicate immediately with each other. When a drone finds food, instantly, every other Formica knows where it is and attacks the target. Every drone has a set limit to how much energy it can have. When it gets too much, it returns to the queen and gives the excess energy to the queen. In this way, the queen stays fed. When food is not found altogether, all the drones return to the queen and protectively circle around it. If, by accident, a drone gets larger than the queen, that drone becomes the new queen, and the old queen becomes a drone, which goes to the new queen and gives all it's excess energy to the queen until it reaches the set energy limit for a drone.

The drones could also use a bit of common sense when picking targets, choosing them by their size, amount of energy, how hard it is to kill them, etc..
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 12:46:55 PM by spork22 »
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Re: Buggers
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 11:21:13 PM »
simple, swarm bots though would be a bit advanced for the specific swarming bot you are looking for.

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Re: Buggers
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 12:47:13 PM »
I updated the post
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!