Author Topic: I can't find the settings file  (Read 2912 times)

Offline Ronald Taylor

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
I can't find the settings file
« on: July 28, 2005, 06:23:40 AM »
Hello, when I try to run a simulation on version 2.37 it says it can't find the settings file, does anyone know what I can do?

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
I can't find the settings file
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 08:39:27 AM »
Did you follow the install procedure as outlined here?
Provided that the installation has been performed correctly, you should have a folder named "DarwinBotsII" somewhere on your hard drive.
Under this folder there should be a number of sub directories.
"Autosaves"
"Leagues"
"Robots"
"Saves"
"Settings"
"Transfers"
Most of these are put in place by the original installation of 2.11 but some modifications to the file structure have been made for version 2.3 and later. The new folder "Leagues" is added when you unzip the later versions. It is possible that one or two of the latest releases may not have the file structure included though as some releases have just included the most basic copy of the game itself and the sysvars file.

If you do not have these folders then you can just create them yourself easily enough. I have included a default setting file in this post. Just download it and place it in the "settings" folder.
Unless you have the correct robots in your robots directory, it may be necessary to manually browse for them when you first run the game. My default uses "Carnatus Orbis" and "Alga Minimalis". (both available in the beastiary or the DB database follow the links section for the database for download)
Once you have the game working, please save your own settings file for future use.

Hope this helps

PS welcome to DB
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 08:39:44 AM by PurpleYouko »
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D