Author Topic: shapes  (Read 3702 times)

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
shapes
« on: April 10, 2014, 12:11:15 AM »
when a bot hits a shape it stops and continues to the side. nothing unusual there as far as i can see but what happens next is whats odd. when the bot stops touching the shapes it continues on like it never hit the shape in the first place. no crash or anything like that

ps it only seems to be the bots with chlr in them
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 08:54:59 AM by Shadowgod2 »

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: shapes
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 03:53:31 PM »
Ok, so here is what is going on. Shapes do not correct for acceleration multiplied by mass. They never did. Robots with less mass will behave more normal around shapes then robots with huge mass such as the one with chloroplasts. If I start digging trough this it will open up several cans of worms. Also, physics know how is high school level at best, though learned a lot just by reading  trough code.  Notice how the plants seem to be kinda stuck inside the shape when they are moving around it. That is because there position is updated first, then the screen is update, and only then the position is re-corrected for the shape. What is interesting to observe here is that the more the robot is looking stuck within a shape the greater it's velocity is in that direction. Actually, this is happening with non-wrap screens as well. That is why Numsgil came up with the 'unlock screen zoom' option a while back.

There is some serious shizam going on with my internet, it is not my modem as I thought. But I did manage do squeeze this trough in the mean time.

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 04:28:41 PM »
ok thanks. it would be interesting to see if bots would use this to an advantage(other than vegis)

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 08:07:16 PM »
Woot! Woot! Got my internet fixed.