Author Topic: Phenome Idea!  (Read 3783 times)

Offline MysticalDumpling

• Bot Destroyer
  • Kurwa chuj!
    • View Profile
Phenome Idea!
« on: March 22, 2014, 07:20:43 PM »
Although in/out works just fine (for me, anyway) for those who want a more general "phenome-y" option, I think venom should work- but you would probably need something like Lionfish's "venom cloud".

Not sure how well this would work, though.... I heard that venom does not work on the same specie. I personally think that is silly- what happens if a baby   bot is so mutated that it little resembles the original? We need automatic specie forking...
To być albo nie być, oto jest ze pytanie

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: Phenome Idea!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 07:58:32 PM »
EricL was working on auto forking but it was never finished.
Main problems being:

What constitutes a new specie?
And, what should the new specie be named?

I am actually working on components right now where forking will be really, really bad.
2.47 drop by the end of next week, if all goes well.

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 01:52:31 AM »
a new species could be a % of mutation and type from other same bot species at which they split. the new species would be the bots with the least numbers or most mutations(mutations coming first of course) the name being like you choosing a bot to be a new species so you know what it came from.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 12:32:44 PM »
[Bump]

Species will be generated by first 7 chars. of rob name numbered a trough 48, after that the names will be used again. a being the value of species in the initial sim. Need to limit it here because system was never designed to handle more then 49 species.

You will have to set  % value, 0 % means all robots get forked when they mutate.

100 % means the robot must have the same amount of mutations as DNA size to get forked.

200 %  means the robot must have twice as many mutations. etc...

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 05:27:07 PM »
Currently the name of new specie is (earlier specie + some number). Ugly, but it works.

How you're going to deal with sexrepro?
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 10:23:32 AM »
Actually, sex repro was fixes about a month ago in a drop. I ended up doing a hell of a lot of estimation.
edit: Check out "Fast sexrepro is here!" in announcements. I should have 2.47 by the end of this week too.

(earlier specie + some number).
I am using 'some number' fyi.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 10:28:22 AM by Botsareus »

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 08:36:15 AM »
EricL was working on auto forking but it was never finished.
Main problems being:

What constitutes a new specie?
And, what should the new specie be named?

I am actually working on components right now where forking will be really, really bad.
2.47 drop by the end of next week, if all goes well.

Constitutes new species, Have to have 40% new genes...Anyway, make some genes have to change as-well + the fact you could introduce a new level specified as 'breeds' like in dogs, they little resemble each other, but not quite different species...Then put the venom application requirement just over the requirement for seperate breeds. Poof
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 12:10:46 PM »
We already have different species forming, that was not the point of this thread. The point was a request to quickly label such species when they immerge. That feature is implemented. Before you can have a completely new species floating around from mutations and it will be named the same thing w/o automatic forking. The problem is with survival mode it uses the names 'base' and 'mutate' as part of the calculation. The solution is to tag a new species when it forms. Currently I have 'Einstein version three' going unless anyone wants to contribute. To tag the DNA add '#tag:Botname to the DNA and then follow instructions to config.

edit:

Anyway, make some genes have to change as-well

That is exactly what happens now. The mutation algorithm in Darwinbots has no preference to genes at all. Usually a robot with 10 genes ends up having 2 or 3 after some solid mutations.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 12:37:00 PM by Botsareus »