Author Topic: IM is kinda, sorta working  (Read 21897 times)

Offline MysticalDumpling

• Bot Destroyer
  • Kurwa chuj!
    • View Profile
IM is kinda, sorta working
« on: February 25, 2014, 04:53:58 PM »
However, go to http://forum.darwinbots.com/index.php/topic,6285.msg1389000.html#msg1389000 Unzip in the main Darwinbots folder, not any of the subfolders and create the subfolder IM, with 2 folders inside that- inbound and outbound. It is rather large, though. So far, do not put spaces in your IM username.
To być albo nie być, oto jest ze pytanie

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Re: IM is kinda, sorta working
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 07:01:56 AM »
Getting "[Errno 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond"

Does this mean the server is down?
"I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars."

-Charles Darwin

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 10:19:21 PM »
Peter is currently not running IM as he finished development on it. We did not have any serious stress test. Still, I am going to start a server up early next month if I can get it to work.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 11:45:42 AM »
It's also connecting to a different ip(that isn't mine). If necessarily I could also compile it to .exe so anyone has the possibility to run a IM server.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 11:47:25 AM by Peter »
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 03:28:44 PM »
Peter is currently not running IM as he finished development on it. We did not have any serious stress test. Still, I am going to start a server up early next month if I can get it to work.

Thanks, that sounds cool. It's been SO long since we've had a good internet multisim, and I miss it!
"I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars."

-Charles Darwin

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 03:33:19 PM »
It's also connecting to a different ip(that isn't mine). If necessarily I could also compile it to .exe so anyone has the possibility to run a IM server.

Sounds like an interesting idea. I think one internet mode server at a time is quite enough for now though, considering the number of active users.

-Charles Darwin

Offline vrukt

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 06:12:07 PM »
First time posting but I've been following, and fiddling with, Darwinbot's for a few years now. Would be interested in seeing a server go up.

Went looking for a good a-life simulator after watching Richard Dawkins 'The Blind Watchmaker', as he fiddles with a few amazing ones dating back over 20 years now. First assumption was that there must be dozens of amazing a-life simulators out, and there are a few interesting ones, but to me Darwinbot's was definitely one of the more interesting ones.

Looking forward to an internet mode guys!
When is it alive?

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 12:06:52 PM »
Of all the life sims I've found, Darwinbots has been my favorite by far. Keep up the good work, guys :D
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 01:22:28 PM »
[bump]

Got distracted with the fact that my tablet decided to turn the touch screen off permanently. That is, Nokia did not realize that the only way to wake the screen in windows8.1 is by using the touch screen. Good job guys!

So far I have tried two different Linux hacks to get IM working with no luck. May end up switching providers.

Found two bugs while running leagues
1.) Some meta data tags can break the simulator if you know what you are doing (F1), I have seen this before but was too lazy to fix.
2.) Got div/0 in F2 mode for some reason, I wonder if it is related to my weather mod.

All other leagues completed but yet to post results because ns if weather works correctly.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 01:23:31 PM »
[bump]So far I have tried two different Linux hacks to get IM working with no luck. May end up switching providers.
There's always this option.
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 12:47:12 PM »
I know, what I do not know is will it be 'always on' also, I am still grinding on it (or should I say Koding) when I am not working on other stuff.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2014, 12:47:58 PM »
I have not reached my 'give up' point yet.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2014, 05:03:18 PM »
 Going to log in and give it another go tomorrow, unless of course I check on my experiments tomorrow morning and find a fresh error. I got some tweaks from my Python buddy I got to try.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 11:17:08 AM »
That is awfully funky, apparently Python uses the indentation itself to signal an end to a block of code.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2014, 01:03:45 PM »
Hey Peter,

New error that requires your attention:

an integer is required
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "client.py", line 147, in <module>
  File "socket.pyc", line 224, in meth
TypeError: an integer is required

The command line I am sending to it is
Code: [Select]
-in "D:\in" -out "D:\out" -pid  2820 -name "Newbie 8907" -port "????" -server "??.??.??.??"
I can pm you port and ip if you want.

At first I thought it was the "pid" so I put it back in, can I take the pid out completely as we are not using it?

attached is my mod of the server side, not much changed on it except I added a debug line to print to my terminal.

btw Peter, this off the setup bundle with version 2.47.02
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 01:10:21 PM by Botsareus »