Author Topic: Free Radicals and chloroplasts  (Read 2406 times)

Offline MysticalDumpling

• Bot Destroyer
  • Kurwa chuj!
    • View Profile
Free Radicals and chloroplasts
« on: February 25, 2014, 04:24:29 PM »
From my limited knowledege of biology, chloroplasts produce huge amounts of free radicals, and high light intensity drives up the equivalent of point mutations. So:

-If a bot has chloroplasts, boost mutation rates linearly
-Free radicals can also be expressed as special waste
-This radical waste also affects memory, making it super-nasty. It should have a much lower threshold.
-If a bot is in a high-light position, (turn body, ect. into radicals, not necessary) as well as just add some
-The amount of slime or shell a bot has decreases the amount of free radicals- or even create a new substance, like the waxy bloom or fuzz found on many Mediterranean plants. 0Even better, create several with different costs, effectivenesses, and other properties [blocking venom, shots, and whatnot]  :D )

This might balance out the chloroplast problem. Also, it would increase the barrier b/w plants and animals- plants would have special functions to get rid of the more toxic free radical waste due to chloroplasts. This most likely mean new sysvars, but not something simple, like just shooting it out. No, veggies should have to go through some sort of metabolism to get rid of it! Maybe intermediate steps, like what real living things do. They must have something to move the waste to the vesicle (but they must form the vesicles, too!) metabolise it into normal waste, then get rid of it, or something like that.

The light function causing damage to bots could also cause interesting behavior, like finding/making shelter
 8)

On a completely unrelated note, I just realized the code-box button (the pound sign)  :wub:
To być albo nie być, oto jest ze pytanie

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: Free Radicals and chloroplasts
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 11:41:04 AM »
PwaPwaPwaPwaaaaan  >:D

* sorry, could not stop myself. You remind me of an old frenemy so much *  :happy: