Code center > Solved Bugs

32k crash

(1/5) > >>

Shadowgod2:
i've been trying to do zerobots but when the bots reach 32000 cycles old after startup there is a runtime error overload. it happens to any bot that reaches 32k though usually takes a while for one to reach it.

Botsareus:
I'll play with it. Thanks for the find.

Botsareus:
Shadowgod, can you also please give me the robots (.txt) used in your simulation?

See picky for explanation of why I ask:

I have used alga_v2 with reproduction disabled and it worked fine. I guess I have to mimic your settings exactly. thx.

Shadowgod2:
sure. i have also have a sim for you to see if it works or in this case doesn't work. i tried a smaller sim of just 5 zero bots only and it went on for over 200k cycles before i closed out but with 90 it crashes and it's only between the 32k and 34k autosaves. i just checked where this crash takes place and it's between 70 and 80 bots that this crash happens

Botsareus:
Lol, I am losing my mind. Shadowgod, I have put safemode in place just to catch crashes such as this one.
Why the heck should I wait 32k cycles or more?

Please follow these instructions

Sorry for wasting you time a little there, but was probably worth while to get the robots anyway in case they repopulate.

You do not need to include global.gset unless they changed between now and when you posted the original. The same for the settings file. Your simulation file however is useless, I need a more resent one generated by the autosave system.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version