Author Topic: Zerobots  (Read 4716 times)

Offline MonteCristo

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Zerobots
« on: January 30, 2014, 04:19:13 PM »
DB got me, now I want to know how to properly set up a zerobot, step by step explanation would be very usefull, thanks for helping me out, ill try my best to learn everything i can.
Evolution - Body
Revolution - Mind

Offline MysticalDumpling

• Bot Destroyer
  • Kurwa chuj!
    • View Profile
Re: Zerobots
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 05:11:43 PM »
Okaay... *crack fingers*
There are several ways to go about this. My (very successful) method is to make a sim with very little costs, no DNA costs, and 100 bots with DNA composed of 10,000 random numbers from -32000 to 32000 .Random.org generates random numbers, methinks. Change point mutations to 50 (instead of 5000) and wait. Once you find a few reproducers, dump them in another sim and put some selective pressure on them.

edit: Oh sorry bots, I forgot to mention this does not qualify as a zerobot anymore. It is a random bot.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 06:05:34 PM by Botsareus »
To być albo nie być, oto jest ze pytanie

Offline MonteCristo

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 12:03:33 AM »
Thanks!
Evolution - Body
Revolution - Mind

Offline rwill128

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 04:38:28 PM »
Awesome advice! I'm going to try your method as well.

Thanks.

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 05:56:52 PM »
I hate repeating myself  >:(
It is a randombot, not a zerobot.

offtopic:

Why does MysticalDumpling always changes his profile when I change my profile? Do you have anything better to do then drive me crazy?

edit:

Ok cool, thank you for correcting yourself MysticalDumpling.  :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 06:06:08 PM by Botsareus »

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 11:25:03 PM »
MonteCristo, here is an example of a zerobot:

Code: [Select]

sorry for the confusion...

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 12:14:49 AM »
There are several ways to go about this. My (very successful) method is to make a sim with very little costs, no DNA costs, and 100 bots with DNA composed of 10,000 random numbers from -32000 to 32000 .Random.org generates random numbers, methinks. Change point mutations to 50 (instead of 5000) and wait. Once you find a few reproducers, dump them in another sim and put some selective pressure on them.

I still like his approach, but he is being stubborn and not using all the tools available to him. If you go to global settings and activate Point2 mutations, you will get the same effect as using a randombot.

Offline MysticalDumpling

• Bot Destroyer
  • Kurwa chuj!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 06:10:22 AM »
Im using an old version of DB. I never got around to updating it... :P
To być albo nie być, oto jest ze pytanie

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2014, 11:18:40 AM »
All I got to say to that is "Wat?"  ;)

Offline MonteCristo

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2014, 05:19:40 PM »
 :D Cmon people, im getting confused. I got it that zerobot is made out.of zeros, but mabie you all dont understand that im not a pro at this game or a programmer, so thats why i said step by step, i have no idea what to do with those damn zeros...
Evolution - Body
Revolution - Mind

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2014, 01:44:14 AM »
1. start a sim with about 100 zero bots and at least 3 feeder veggies. if you want to chance out of it then enable database which will capture the dna of all dead robots which you will then have to enable dynamic costs. i will have my sets attached for you to study over.

2. when you have a few reproducers then you want to take those bots dna and put them into another sim. if it's from the database then you will have to stop the sim first and look into the database .txt and look for the repeating dna from the reproducers and create a new bot from that dna. if no repeating dna exists then start up DB again and continue the last sim until you get more repros. this method you don't have to have repros right then and there but just some where in the past. to make sure you have a good repros and not waste wait until it says 50 or more born or have your wast to -1.

3. the sim can have a trigger for shooter meaning you can have this sim on and do nothing but watch them evolve. it's simple by the shooters gain more energy by shooting they hit and kill all other non shooters and they kill the feeder veggies so normal veggies can spawn and the sim continues. again i will have my sets for you to study.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2014, 12:01:44 PM »
Actually Shadowgod, it is a good idea, but I may add it:

Press the snapshot button it is a weird looking camera button on the tool-strip next to ninja button.
Then run snapshot search (attached, it is also shipped with the latest install package) , select the snapshot file you just created, and type the following query:

Code: [Select]
offspringnumber = 1 to max

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2014, 04:38:12 PM »
So here is in summary all ideas that where talked about here. Because I hate confusion  >:(

1.) Make a 'zerobot' with 512 or 1028 zeros. (I like multiples of 2) Create a new simulation with no selective pressure.
2.) Make the point and point2 mutations reasonably high in the beginning like 50 (it is a little counter-intuitive, the higher the number (unless zero) the slower are the mutations) You will have to enable point2 mutations from global settings first. You may use the new or the old delta, that is your call. Just remember to adjust point mutation change rate if you are using the new delta.
3.) At some point you will get robots that are reproducing. Click the snapshot button, it is a little camera icon next to the ninja icon.
4a.) Make a folder somewhere on your system,
4b.) Run snapshot search.exe and select the snapshot you just created.
4c.) Type "offspringnumber = 1 to max" for the query and save the extracted dna in the folder you just created.
5.) Put your resulting robots into a new simulation with some selective pressure. Adjust mutation rates to your tastes.

Good Luck  :D