Author Topic: Missing people  (Read 6882 times)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: Missing people
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2014, 05:55:16 PM »
DB3 is slow going, because I get bored along the way and start doing novel, untested things :P

My current plan is to have something (either an early alpha for DB3 or at least a physics playground) by summer 2015.  I'm approximately on track for that, unless I find a new interesting problem to grab my attention :D.  I'm at the beginning of the process of gluing all the bits of a proper physics simulation together (graphics, collision detection, collision response, etc.), but there's a few open questions I don't have answers for just yet.

The first drop of DB3 proper won't really scale well to lots of bots (it's possible you'll need fewer than 50 bots to get realtime-ish speeds), and may or may not have fluid physics, but should have bots running around using DNA, a simple combat model, and multibot physics of some sort (the ability to create articulated structures from multiple bots).  On top of that simple base I'll start adding things and streamlining the performance, and development should be at least more public if not more rapid.

Offline MonteCristo

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2014, 04:50:42 AM »
What would be the biggest diferences between DB2 and DB3?
Evolution - Body
Revolution - Mind

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 07:38:47 AM »
Multibots should be more stable, so you should be able to build larger and more complicated organisms without it collapsing in to a pile of vibrating goo.