Code center > Confirmed & Outstanding bugs

Weird teleporter problem.

(1/8) > >>

Testlund:
I've tested this several times over tonight. In 1 out of 3 sims the bots that get teleported out through the outbound teleporter never comes back in through the inbound teleporter.

Can anybody else confirm this. This doesn't make any sense! First I thought it was because I was running two instances in the same DB folder with Safe Mode turned on, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with that.

Testlund:
So I've been doing this for about two hours now. This is what it looked like in my last try. I've typed the folder paths I'm using for the teleporters. The bots teleports as they should at the left side but not at the right side as the picture shows. Sometimes none of the teleporters work. The program seem to decide whether it should work or not when I start a new sim with new teleporters!

Testlund:
It gets weirder! I just dragged one of the bots that had come in through the inbound teleporter to the left in the lower instance, over to the outbound teleporter at the right side and THAT ONE got through. But the other bots swarming around it doesn't get teleported!

The teleporter is counting them all, but they just disappear. They don't even show up in the folder!

Botsareus:
I never setup teleporters actually, other then IM.
Some questions:

Do I need two instances of DarwinBots?
What values am I supposed to set for the teleporters?
Also, can you give me the settings file (lastran.set) and the robots you are using, (do not include the mrates)?
 :thinkey: Are you sure you have teleport vegys enabled or else trying to teleport vegys (just an idea)?

Testlund:
I don't think this is specific to any settings. It should be enough to just have two instances of Darwinbots and have them connected via teleporters like the picture shows. One folder for teleporting in one direction and another folder for teleporting in the other direction.

So I'm wondering if you could just check this out quickly if teleporting works. If it works for you then maybe there is some tiny thing I'm doing that cause this. But what I've seen so far this seem to be completely random.

I'll experiment with this some more and if it might be depending on some settings after all I should discover it myself. I'll upload some files for you later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version