Author Topic: Venomous ties?  (Read 3919 times)

Offline NotLegalTender

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
Venomous ties?
« on: January 17, 2014, 11:29:04 PM »
Is it possible to envenomate a bot through a tie? I'm trying to finish up my parasitic algae bot, and I want it to inject venom into another bot that it ties to, to paralyze it, and prevent it from escaping.

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Re: Venomous ties?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 11:47:04 PM »
no i don't think so but that would be cool if you could. you can turn towards the tie and shoot venom and with a few more tricks maybe i think it would be similar. if you do find a way i know i would be using it. :D

Offline NotLegalTender

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 11:12:57 AM »
Also I need a tutorial on conspec recognition, because I cannot get my parasitic algae to not tie to each other. I have implemented slime and yet they keep trying to tie to each other.

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 12:59:32 AM »
try an out and in to do it like

start
5 .out1 store
stop

cond
*.in1 5 !=
start
1 .tie store
stop

so it will tie only if the other bot doesn't have 5 in .out1

Offline NotLegalTender

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 03:16:34 PM »
I managed to figure that out before you posted that.

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 11:27:30 PM »
lol well it is a good idea though i can't get it to work in my bots very well because they evolve out of it too quicky and end up destroying them selves. :glare:

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 08:23:06 AM »
lol well it is a good idea though i can't get it to work in my bots very well because they evolve out of it too quicky and end up destroying them selves. :glare:
exactly why you need .inspectdscndant & .inspectdnasmlrty - 1st one inspects if theyre directly related to you (parent, grandparent, child, greatgrandparent...but doesn't include cousin or uncle or aunt!) AND 2nd inspects how close % their DNA is to you,
But those 2 commands were 'said to be' overpowered.
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.