Author Topic: Mutualism in bots?  (Read 4686 times)

Offline Plasmoid

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Mutualism in bots?
« on: November 23, 2013, 01:12:22 PM »
Is it possible to make bots with mutualistic relationships? Like a bot that can't make it's own energy joins/bonds with a veg bot that can share energy with whatever it bonds with? The bot that can't make it's own energy would then use the energy defend itself and the veg bots?
Would someone like to give it a try and test if something like that would be able to work? (I'm new to DB so I'd be lucky to make a simple working bot XD)
Also even if that's not possible, could a different type of mutualistic relationship happen?

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: Mutualism in bots?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 02:33:11 PM »
The relationship described should be possible. Welcome to the team. Can anyone plz write some db code? XD

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 01:26:07 AM »
i've got one but nrg sharing won't work for the vegs

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 12:43:44 AM »
ok i've the problem it works but sharenrg isn't working the way i thought it did. nrg moves the wrong direction. so isn't the bot with sharenrg suppose to give nrg away to the other tied bot because that's not what i'm finding. it takes nrg.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 11:03:45 AM »
The two bots share nrg based on the amount.  So set it to 50 and they share nrg with a 50/50 split, IIRC.

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 12:34:30 AM »
i did with the vegi but did nothing so i put the gene in the animal and removed it from the veg and it worked which isn't suppose to happen i'll have the save in the attachment. a bot on the top left attached to a vegi shows. the vegi is suppose to give the bot nrg but isn't. there isn't supose to be a nrg sharing gene in the animal bot.

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 12:53:47 AM »
i ran 2 sims with animal minimal in and gave a tie, 1 win each f1 defaults. a very crude mutualistic bot. this is on my computer working though shouldn't through the nrg sharing gene.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 11:33:25 AM »
Ok, just found something that should interest both Shadowgod2 and Plasmoid.

Check out tieval and tieloc on the wiki.

Apparently you can transfer energy directly, or even write memory locations just by using a tie.

Have not tested yet so I have no idea if it actually works. A test will be nice.

Shadowgod2, I still want you to retest epigenetic memory, though, with the robot I PMed you.

Offline MysticalDumpling

• Bot Destroyer
  • Kurwa chuj!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 07:09:22 PM »
I got a bot that could fill the description: Gland bot, a veggie, in the bestiary's starting gate. It works by fooling most conspecs, latching onto MB's to gain NRG, and gives defences to the MB based on NRG received. The MB doesn't know the Gland Bot is a different species, though. It would be interesting in an evosim, if anyone wants to try.
To być albo nie być, oto jest ze pytanie

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2014, 08:40:52 AM »
The relationship described should be possible. Welcome to the team. Can anyone plz write some db code? XD
Bot, I already talked about this dude :3 Mutual Interspecies relationships...Litterally, use a library to store which species are seen as a 'threat' to it, which are seen as 'food' and which are seen as 'friend' instead of, HE HAS MORE EYES, MUST EAT, NOM NOM NOM. Then a default preference for 'unknown'
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 12:15:39 PM »
Thank you for the update.  :)

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2014, 07:49:02 AM »
I can't wait to see my aggro-dwarfs abusing this xD
They already abuse communication. And feeding.
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.