Author Topic: ?load error  (Read 3089 times)

Offline viplex

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
?load error
« on: July 24, 2005, 10:32:13 AM »
Hi!
Is it only me who cant use "load simulation"?
Doesnt do anything.

:angry:

I use 2.36.5.
( because 2.37.x  always overflows)

regards, v

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
?load error
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 12:16:34 PM »
Hi viplex.

We have been having som eissues with loading and saving for some time now. The main problem is that as we change the nature of the code, the robot and general game structure changes. Each change would then require a complete new save/load section and that is quite frankly a complete pain to program.

During this time of continous changes where we are still really settling on the correct format for the program, we have been a little remis with save routines.

That should hopefully be sorted out when Numsgil releases the next version. He is (hopefully) only a couple of weeks away from finishing his major overhaul. Once the code format is sorted out then both Num and I can get down to fixing little bits like the save routines.

Hopefully it will all be good soon.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
?load error
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005, 12:37:09 PM »
Yea PY is seen that "Get bla" "Put bla" pain. You will have to  put more green text on it if you know what I mean. (green text = 'commentery text)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
?load error
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2005, 01:22:46 PM »
Save functions should work in any version after the "internet sharing ready" one.  I had to fix the save and load routines to get the internet sharing to work.

I'm working on a way to make save and load routines forward and backward compatible, which should keep the save and load routines manageable unless someone starts changing the type of variables (which would be a major pain).

I'm pretty close to a new version.  I just need to finish the mutations code and clean up some of the GUI stuff.  Then it's just bug hunting.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
?load error
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2005, 01:47:41 PM »
If anyone can post an autosave, the version of the program, the cycle number the crash occurred on, and the seed they were using I can problably fix it no problem.  Just thought I'd throw that out there (be sure to zip the autosave file, they compress down to almost nothing).

I can probably fix up a stable version of 2.37.X if all the bugs have been isolated for me.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 02:21:41 PM by Numsgil »

Offline viplex

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
?load error
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2005, 03:48:09 PM »
I look forward to see the new version!
With or without save the program is awesome, and I spend a good deal of time  with my bots, since last week when I found it.
Keep up the good work!!

regards : ViPlex

ps: One more thing, maybe you know bout that, there r some bug in DNA autosave also. It doesnt save anything either. (2.36)