Author Topic: Shvartz, can you help me out?  (Read 36223 times)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Shvartz, can you help me out?
« Reply #120 on: July 17, 2005, 11:55:07 PM »
I may have fixed whatever the problem was, I'm not sure.  It's been a while.  I don't have access to the source code or VB until Wednesday to check it.

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 19, 2005, 11:31:35 AM »
ok , it worked this time for some reason (is this twihlight zone?)

anyway this ultra new method is yet another one out the window:

The survivors of the prosses were a bunch of fat basterds that did not reproduce at all.  :wacko:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 11:31:54 AM by Botsareus »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 19, 2005, 01:02:29 PM »
What you need is some phazon infused funguses.

:D

Been playing some Metroid Prime...

Offline Ulciscor

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 19, 2005, 03:08:48 PM »
OMG lol total change of original topic but have you played Metroid Prime 2?
:D Ulciscor :D

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 19, 2005, 06:44:28 PM »
Not yet, I only have access to the first.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 23, 2005, 02:29:40 PM »
OK back to the TOPIC:

I am currently running a simulation the way shvartz is running them exsept I use F1 settings, and I finaly got some resolts. Ofcorse I got a robot with too mutch junk dna. But this robot does somthing special. When the robots spawn at random angles at the biggining of the simulation , this one learns to turn in the most productive direction , and keeps that direction for all the future robots it produces. Basicaly it turns.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2005, 06:09:32 PM »
ok had to restart that one , after a while they all just died. The program saved the simulation as the ecosystem was dieing, and the next run we had unreproducteble robots so that was the end of that.

Then I was saving the robot only if its truly the "goodest" robot ever to exsisit.

During robot life every second it gets fittests top means:
(good = good + totrobs + totchilderen) for that robot

And I stombled on a really freaky problem of the auto save just frezzing over after about 30 minutes.

Thats when this  anti Mueller's Ratchet radiation idea came to mind. Then I was getting autosaves that died out after a longer time then usual, so I went ahead and maid a chart to see whats going on:   Looks like the stockmarket mixed with a plot of rnd mixed with somthing like: 1 0 2 0 1 0 3 0 1 0 2 0 1 0 4 0 1 0 2 0 1 0 3 0 1 0 2... know there is a math name for this kind of progression but I don't know the name. So Its a really freaky looking graph because you have a feeling that there is a relationship in the progression , but you cant really figure out what it is.

Generaly the more evolved the robot , the more time it takes to evolve further, atleast thats true so far. Scarry thing is, if you look back on the
1 0 2 0 1 0 3 0 1 0 2 0 1 0 4 0 1 0 2 0 1 0 3 0 1 0 2

replace all the 1 with n and all the 4 with b

n creaps slowly to zero over time while b slowly increases (now at 600)(maxed lest run on 1421)

so that means that n can hit zero in this system as well therefor all my robots will die.

there is more to this , for example: what happens when b is too high and n is too low compared to the general relationship of n to b, then the graph looks like its balancing itself out progressing as a stockmarket mixed with saw look, with each saw peace lower then the one before or higher based on what kind of prgression curve it is. <-- this curve has nothing to do with the curve of n droping or b rising btw.

So if you can imagine a fine mix of all that (the mix might also be following some kind of hiddin rules of mixing) you might get a pritty good idea how confusing this graph looks. Its right at the point were it is prodictable but its not , can make a skitzo out of anyone just by explaning this to them.
 :P

« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 06:50:53 PM by Botsareus »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2005, 07:40:39 PM »
Try lowering the resolution on the graph so it doesn't go up and down as much.  Like average the y values for an interval over x.  Should make it easier to see a general pattern.