Author Topic: Virus Bug and The One defeated :)  (Read 2570 times)

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Virus Bug and The One defeated :)
« on: June 20, 2005, 06:04:05 PM »
I had been trying different modifications to One's code; it was late I was tired and having no luck with normal changes. What else could I do in the circumstance? I decided to try viruses as a last resort, well One's vtimer is something like 700 cycles, not very promising obviously. So I decided to add a small viral gene in front of the main dna, and 300 .vshoot store with added eyes in the main gene.

.mkvirus inc
.vshoot inc
.mkshell inc

as a method for plants to make shell. Not the greatest gene, but it was only supposed to be a test.

The new bot Two managed to defeat One at a break neck speed; I was amazed :blink: what had I managed? A bot that actually defeated The One?

Well, not quite, the plants and even some One's now had Two's dna; but this shouldn't have been possible given the huge time demands. The not so obvious answer was that the time had been shortened. That's when I realized how the virus was being made quicker but huge in size. Mkvirus was set to one and that is what vshoot shot out, but not the orginal gene. Delgene had deleted that gene at the start leaving the second as the first gene.

Alright lunch is drawing to a close and I need to get back. I'll post the full dna up later to show everyone what I'm talking about.

Endy B)

P.S.
I'm not absolutly sure about everything here, but I figure I should still post it anyways. If I'm dead wrong please tell me :unsure:

Offline Shen

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 07:02:17 PM »
Did you alter The Ones AntiViral? It only works when its infected with one other gene. Maybe vtimer is set at the start of a bots life and when it deletes its own gene vtimer is still set very low? Num could confirm this.

Oh yeah. And even though the vtimer is way to high, its hilarious to virus veggies with One. You end up with 25 invincible veggies (they are still veggies and so cant repro past 25) with 32000 nrg.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 07:11:36 PM by Shen »

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 11:05:41 PM »
I had added the smaller "virus gene" before the normal gene. This gene would have been quickly deleted, due to the bots antiviral defense, but would leave it's mark with the much smaller vtimer. When vshoot activated it shot out the normal gene resulting in a veggie army and occasional One turned Two(which makes it very hard for F1 challenges believe me ;) ).

I'm going to try having/deleting several small dummy genes to speed up multiple viral shootings. Should be interesting to watch. :)

Endy B)