Author Topic: The One Goes MB  (Read 4241 times)

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
The One Goes MB
« on: June 19, 2005, 12:36:35 AM »
Had just started up a Pit sim and this time decided to see how The One did with all the gravity. Boy did I get a surprise, I had the darn thing evolve into a MB within just a few thousand cycles :wacko: Bizzare to see, the bots would start floating around the screen able to reproduce easier and pick off veggies as soon as they appeared.

As best I can tell it managed it by disabling the tie deletion, venom making genes, and TF genes. Causing the tied babies to help the MB grow in size.

Managed to run an F1 test under the Pit settings and had the MB defeat it's ancestor (start normal mode, change settings and then shutdown F1 screen; causing F1 pop back up and keep tracking with new settings). :lol:

I'll try to post up the Sim and the bot's dna latter today.

Endy B)

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
The One Goes MB
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 02:20:51 AM »
Alright, here's the Evosim and the Kingbot's dna.

Endy B)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
The One Goes MB
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 03:35:42 PM »
Awesome.  How does it do under F1 settings?

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
The One Goes MB
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 08:50:00 PM »
Errr...let's just say it's NOT adapted to that enviroment.

In pure F1 it is eventually wiped out by The One. In the modified F1 it's the other way around :lol:

It might be an idea to add a few more mode settings, possibly even allow customizable modes, in the future.

I think this probably proves the point about the bots being able to acheive good mutations as long as the commands exist in single steps.

This whole thing makes me wonder how many good mutations we're missing. The only way we really notice a new behavior is when the behavior abruptly changes.

Endy B)

P.S.
I think I messed up on the save routines in the sim file I uploaded, also veggies stop repopulating for some reason; just go in and hit change to get them to start up again.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 08:56:53 PM by Endy »

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
The One Goes MB
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2005, 09:48:40 PM »
Looks good!  By the way, this shows that "saving sim" does not work too well:  Once you load the sim you can't adjust any properties in the simulation (at least I couldn't).  The save file should include the "settings" file too.  And probably the original genotypes of bots...
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
The One Goes MB
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 11:37:50 AM »
What I like about it is that the gene never split.

Good Work.

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
The One Goes MB
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 11:09:29 PM »
What I like about it is that the gene never split.

Yeah I noticed that also, but couldn't figure out a reason for it. From the bot's view two continually activating genes should look the same as the original.

Endy B)