Code center > Dead-End and Solved Suggestion Requests

Reallowing delgene weapons

(1/4) > >>

Numsgil:
I'm working on balancing combat and defenses enough that delgene weapons can be reallowed.

However, fact is that delgene is the most destructive weapon available to a robot, by far.

Therefore, I think delgene needs to be a time based command, like .mkvirus is.  This makes sense since that's what it was made for, anti virus commands.  This makes the delgene more on par with other weapons.

What's yall's thoughts? (Thought I'd be okie for a sec).

Anonomous Guest Person:
I think it should be instantanous when used in a gene/virus.
And I don't think it should be fireable with weapons as a settable thing.
Rather, I think that you should consider deleting genes a whole new weapon, different from the virus .delgene, or the .delgene defense.
How it would work is that, it would have to get past shell, slime, and even body (to a very minor extent.)
By minor, I mean that, for purposes of a defense, the target's body would be devided by their DNA length. So simple bots are practically immune to such assaults, while as uberbots that have an innate defense to viruses should be too 'bulky' to kill easily with it, but should generally always take damage.

How it would work is simple.
Simply storing -7 in .shoot will send off an attack, rather then an attempt to eat.
It's strength (which is, as all other shots, based on body, and should be improvable by expending some energy. In fact, that last one's a definate.) will be divided by a quarter of the target's Shell, then divided by a tenth of the target's Slime, and then divided again by the target's (Body / Gene Length).
This will build up until it equals 1, where, instead of a random gene being deleted, a random part of the DNA will be. (Such as an = in a condition, or something.)
Or it could just delete the gene, either way.

Anyway, that type of shot will also remove a bit of Shell, Slime, and Body. Not a lot, but not a little either. Perhaps equal to how much the shot's strength was divided by (except in the case of Body, which would probably decrease by (Body / 50) or (Body / 100), or something.)

Though all that's just an idea to keep .delgene a weapon, without having to use a virus.

PurpleYouko:
Sounds a bit overcomplicated to me. The idea is to try and keep things simple as possible while attempting to simulate some kind of life form.

DarwinBots will never be the equivalent of any living life form but we still need to stick to certain guidelines.

A while ago, I restricted .delgene to virus attacks only by only allowing delgene to be activated from within the robot's own DNA. This was in response to a devastating venom attack that I used in one of my robots. One good solid hit would wipe out every gene in the target robot.

Delgene in any form of shot attack is too powerful and somewhat unrealistic. It is useful (in theory) from within a robot's own DNA so this opens the door for virus attacks.

I vote that it stays that way.

:D  PY  :D

Numsgil:
To be honest I've only seen delgene be used as a weapon.  Has anyone found a constructive use for it?

PurpleYouko:
That is why I said "theoretical"

So far I haven't found a way to use it constructively although it has been suggested that ant-bots could have a number of their genes wiped by the queen to preserve energy.

:D  PY  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version