Author Topic: Evolution tale!  (Read 7707 times)

Offline Shen

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Evolution tale!
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2005, 11:02:21 AM »
IMO the best bot is the one which has the most energy invested in nrg+body+offspring. A users formlua would be a good one though, just make it simple if you can for us dummies :)

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Evolution tale!
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2005, 12:50:26 PM »
The best way would be to take snapshot, analyze the genomes and save the most frequent.
But customization's good too :)
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam

Offline Shen

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Evolution tale!
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2005, 05:44:42 PM »
I wouldnt agree with the most frequent being the best. In my sims bots tend to increase the nrg required for reproduction, so higher nrg bots would be better but less frequent and thus not be saved as the best.

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Evolution tale!
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2005, 06:19:39 PM »
I agree that there must be a way to automatically find the bot with the most frequent dna, but considering the complexity of the issue I did not suggest it. Its like having to windiff each bot agenst every other bot. Then select the bot that has only the common code.

We can have it as 0- 100 (%) even , and put it into the new formula for costume find best settings.

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Evolution tale!
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2005, 06:28:11 PM »
Hm, Shen, that does not make much sense: if increasing "nrg required for repro" makes bots more fit, then they will outcompete the earlier bots and become more populous.  The only exception is if the mutation just appeared and did not have time to spread yet.  But then by the next snapshot these bots should dominate.

Actually, there is another exception - speciation.  If some bots evolve towards reproducing at lower nrg and having a lot of children and at the same time some bots evolve towards reproducing at higher nrg and having less children, then the "most populous" would be skewed towards the former bots.  But that would be a major breakthrough - I don't think anyone ever saw two different species of bots co-exisitng and co-evolving.  This would simply blow my mind!
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam