Author Topic: Darwinbots Webspace  (Read 4238 times)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Darwinbots Webspace
« on: May 29, 2005, 05:43:53 AM »
A few things (and many hours of work).

1.  A wiki using Wikipedia's Mediawiki technology has been set up at www.darwinbots.com/WikiManual.  MediaWiki is >> (alot greater than) XWiki.  It's just 100% easier to type up pages and link them to other pages, and in the end it looks cleaner anyway.

I'll be working over the next week or so on moving pages over to the new wiki.  Feel free to help me in this regard.

2.  www.darwinbots.com is actually up with some pretty pages!  My sister (LemmonLime) went to a moderate amount of trouble to put it together.  She actually gave it to me about a month ago (maybe two?), but I've just been so busy lately...

Some of the links and navigation buttons are still a little screwy though.  Bear with me.

3.  I'm housesitting this summer, and the house has a static, visible IP address.  That means I can set up an FTP for internet organism sharing.  I'm having a little trouble with it, but when I get it working right I'll let you all in on the internet sharing goodness!

Offline Carlo

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Darwinbots Webspace
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 11:48:02 AM »
2. www.darwinbots.com is actually up with some pretty pages! My sister (LemmonLime) went to a moderate amount of trouble to put it together. She actually gave it to me about a month ago (maybe two?), but I've just been so busy lately...

Ehm, Nums, I don't wanna hurt your feelings, but it really looks quite horrible :lol:
We have to make something for that page before google starts indexing it!

If you're not going to get angry, I'll expose my criticism in more detail. I understand that building a site is annoying and hard. If you want, I can cooperate (though I'm probably worse at html than your sister). I can provide material and ideas, and, if you want, direct html coding.

The new wiki looks great. And, is there no way to use the domain hosting for ftp organisms sharing?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2005, 11:51:21 AM by Carlo »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Darwinbots Webspace
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2005, 02:37:33 PM »
The HTML etc. is 100% my sister, so my feelings won't be touched one way or another.   As to horrible, are we talking layout or color scheme?  If you would like to help, so much the better.  My only HTML experience is with Netscape composer.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Darwinbots Webspace
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 12:12:48 PM »
Okay, I have a server up.

24.151.208.144 is now accepting ftp transfers from Darwinbots.

No one's used internet in so long though, I can't be sure everything's still working 100%.

No rules yet.  Just run whatever sims you like.  I'm interested to see what'll happen with a bunch of different computers running different settings (be liberal with the new settings.  Zero Momentum mode is alot of fun).
« Last Edit: May 30, 2005, 12:14:54 PM by Numsgil »