Author Topic: Mutation Suggestion  (Read 3266 times)

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Mutation Suggestion
« on: May 06, 2005, 04:40:38 AM »
If it is best for evolution for the children to be only 1% or less different than their parents would it be possible to simply count the bot's dna and let the program mutate only 1% or less of the child's dna?

Not sure how hard this would be to implement, but it should make guestimating the best Mutation ranges easier.

Endy B)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Mutation Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 01:53:15 PM »
My only criticism would be that it's not very realistic.  Other than that it shouldn't be too hard.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Mutation Suggestion
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 02:10:13 PM »
there shouldnt be a limit, but the there is a mutationer/X basepairs/generation. I dont remember what X is, but it had a lower value long time ago. the more dna the more mutation there is
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Mutation Suggestion
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 02:10:22 PM »
Yes, that is essentially what I was asking for.  It is not very realistic, that is why I asked for a tool that would help calculate that.
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Mutation Suggestion
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 02:14:04 PM »
That's what I'm thinking, a quick built in tool to calculate it wouldn't be hard.  Consider it on the list, lol.

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Mutation Suggestion
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2005, 01:57:24 AM »
Yeah, not too realistic, but I get tired of either having too many or too little mutations. Too little and the sim is boring or quickly ended in harsh conditions; too much and every bot is almost completly unrelated to one another.

Thanks for putting it on the List :)

Endy B)