Code center > Dead-End and Solved Suggestion Requests

Seed valus!

(1/2) > >>

Greven:
I have said it before and now I say it again:

Some times I want to re-run a simulation, but it is not possibly in DB! :(

If you guys implement a seed value, it would be piece of cake!

In the options panel a frame with "Seeding Value", were you can enter a number of generated.

The you just have to make following changes:

--- Code: --- Randomize Timer
--- End code ---
to
--- Code: --- Randomize varSeedValue
--- End code ---

where varSeedValue is the variable in which the "Seeding Value" is stored from the options panel!

And it will be SOOOOO much easier tracking errors, overflows, bugs etc. and reproduce them!

Thank you for reading! :D

~Greven

(This suggestion is very important!!! If you dont understand or realise it just ask me to be more specific, because my last topic about this, people did seem to have misundersood something)

PurpleYouko:
However we still need to be able to use the timer function sometimes as well. There are a whole lot of randomize calls in the program, probably in excess of 50 and maybe even 100. (Can't say I have actually checked how many though)

Each one would have to be replaced with an if-then option or a function call in order to make the sim 100% reproducable.

Could be a useful feature though.

Numsgil:
No, just the Randomize function needs to be modified.  It's a really easy fix, I just haven't gotten around to it.  There's alot of things I haven't gotten around to. There's just too much work for 2 men.

PurpleYouko:
Tell me about it.  :(

Botsareus:
Greven, I have no idea how you are getting the same simulations more then once.  You have to have the program start up the same millisecond every day. Fun...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version