Author Topic: Pope Sideous  (Read 8084 times)

Offline MightyPenguin

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Pope Sideous
« on: April 21, 2005, 03:47:22 PM »

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Pope Sideous
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 04:04:34 PM »
GASP!

MP's been reading LJ again!
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam

Offline MightyPenguin

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Pope Sideous
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 04:31:25 PM »
?

I saw that on the PCGamer Forum...

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Pope Sideous
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 04:46:21 PM »
Face it, they only had to replace the old Pope because his animatronics were getting old and worn out. He had actually been dead for about 15 years.

[span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\']It's a puppet[/span] (   Brian Conley)
[ramble] Not to be confused with Brian Connolly, the lead singer of "The Sweet", an early glam rock band from the late 60s, who died in 1997
They actually broke up in 1991 so where the heck were they for the last 20 years before that?  :blink:
[/ramble]

I liked old JP2. He was kinda cool.... for a religious leader anyway.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline MightyPenguin

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Pope Sideous
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 04:51:57 PM »
He was charismatic. But he was a hardliner git all the same.

Rest in Peace, old guy.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Pope Sideous
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2005, 04:38:25 AM »
I hate all the popes
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Pope Sideous
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2005, 10:43:39 AM »
And all popes hate you :P

But seriously, what's to hate?  Aside from the infalibility thing, they're just like other world leaders.

But this new guy...  I don't know him from squat, but he has a really scary face.  Kind of like some horror movie.  I could totally see him breaking through a door saying "here's Johnny."
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 10:45:48 AM by Numsgil »

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Pope Sideous
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2005, 11:16:02 AM »
Then again, he was JP2's right hand man for the last 15 years or so.
and those who don't

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Pope Sideous
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2005, 12:57:00 PM »
I wont tell you y I hate all the popes cause I know some of you are religius
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 01:00:56 PM by zelos »
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Old Henk

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Pope Sideous
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2005, 06:29:10 AM »
Well I'm a protestant so I couldn't care less...  :lol:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 06:29:36 AM by Henk »

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Pope Sideous
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2005, 08:57:53 AM »
Well I am an Atheist and I still think JP2 was one of the best people in the last half century.
He did nothing but good so what excuse could there possibly be to hate him anyway?  <_<
and those who don't

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Pope Sideous
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2005, 11:19:32 AM »
By his permission and guidance many catholic priests in Africa were using their positions to convince people not to use condoms.  Given a huge epidemic of AIDS there, this appoach resulted in thousands of people dying from a disease which they could avoid.  That's pretty close to genocide if you ask me... :(
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Pope Sideous
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2005, 12:27:10 PM »
if you really wanna know why I hate all the popes, its cause they spread lies all areound the globe. tricking ppl to belive in things that isnt possible to exist.

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Pope Sideous
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2005, 12:56:06 PM »
By his permission and guidance many catholic priests in Africa were using their positions to convince people not to use condoms. Given a huge epidemic of AIDS there, this appoach resulted in thousands of people dying from a disease which they could avoid. That's pretty close to genocide if you ask me... 

But then again I didn't really pay that much attention to stuff that he did so I could be wrong.
and those who don't

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Pope Sideous
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2005, 01:00:35 PM »
if you really wanna know why I hate all the popes, its cause they spread lies all areound the globe. tricking ppl to belive in things that isnt possible to exist.

It's only a lie if the person saying it doesn't believe it. And likewise nobody is tricking anybody if they honestly beleive that they are saving the imortal soul of all those people.

If you enjoy discussing this kind of stuff, you should try out EVC forum. I hang out there sometimes. Some of the discussions crack me up.  :D
and those who don't