Author Topic: Virus  (Read 5279 times)

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Virus
« on: April 21, 2005, 01:19:47 AM »
nums are gonna make som big changes in the dna system, right? so I was thinking that now when nums have speed up db so much that we could change the virus system as well.

Now a virus is made up of only 1 gene. But in reality they can be made up by many more genes. So y not make it so in DB?
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Virus
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 01:30:27 AM »
I think a certain limit to the amount of DNA you can pass is important.  You shouldn't be able to pass your whole genome as a virus.

I think the challenges of writting a virus that fits into one gene is well worth the effort.  That's how I'd vote.

But, for everyone who's lazy, take a look at this:

cond
start
*.thisgene .mkvirus store
1000 *.vtimer .vshoot mult store
stop

Your very own tiny self replicating virus.  Add whatever viral code you like to it.

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Virus
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 09:02:58 AM »
If you can make a whole robot in one gene then why shouldn't we have a virus in one gene

Just imagine using num's simple self replicating virus above and adding the entire code from someting such as Devincio Solo into it as a virus. The infected alga would become your allies  B)
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Virus
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 03:02:26 PM »
but still a multi-gene virus would be awesome, of course whit some resitrictions. like 3 or 4 genes are ok, I mostly think 3 is ok
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Virus
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2005, 02:03:33 AM »
I did that one time with a modified Explectus. Very cool effect although it's weird when the veggies end up winning. :lol:

Endy B)