Code center > Darwinbots Program Source Code

Status of IM mode

<< < (2/36) > >>

Ammeh:
Nah, I'd keep it seperate from the core code, but have DB build a named pipe (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Named_pipe), which DBIM could latch on to. This would basically mean that DB and DBIM would be compatible regardless of updates to DB.

Of course, if we were getting rid of the whole stat thing, then simple file up/download would do. I could probably knock that together in a couple of hours.

Botsareus:
Well, the IM status graphs are no longer available inside DB as of 2.45.02. (I wanted to make communication with IM more simple)
You can generate them externally if you like, maybe a php/java script?

Ammeh:
IIRC, the only stats read by DBIM were the population, cycles per second, size and mutation rate, and I'm pretty sure all they did was feed into the IRC bot.

Botsareus:
Oh, so nothing is being read from IM back into DB?

--- Quote ---the only stats read by DBIM were the population, cycles per second, size and mutation rate
--- End quote ---

Hmmm, Idk if I touched that code or not. I can not even find it in 2.45.01, do you have any idea where to look?

Or, we can just get rid of this and make IM just keep track of # users and # bots transferred per (minute?) and post to a web page.

What do you think?

Numsgil:

--- Quote from: Botsareus on June 02, 2013, 12:43:22 PM ---
--- Quote ---the only stats read by DBIM were the population, cycles per second, size and mutation rate
--- End quote ---
Hmmm, Idk if I touched that code or not. I can not even find it in 2.45.01, do you have any idea where to look?

--- End quote ---

It was an external application that would read raw bytes inside Darwinbots at specific memory locations.  The program had no idea what was going on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version