Author Topic: What have I missed? (and a lot of other questions)  (Read 2904 times)

Offline PhiNotPi

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
What have I missed? (and a lot of other questions)
« on: May 04, 2013, 07:41:58 PM »
First of all, my current version of DB dates to May 2nd, 2011.  Have there been any updates since then?

What progress has been made on DB3?

Is there even any ongoing development?

What list of features do the developers plan on implementing in DB3?

How many new features have been implemented so far?

When is the expected release date of DB3?

Has anything interesting gone on in the forums in the past several months that I was away?
I am biased neither towards nor against any single mathematical constant.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: What have I missed? (and a lot of other questions)
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 09:28:25 PM »
Botsareus has been working on DB2.  You should check out the announcement forum, eg: this thread.

I'm still making steady progress on DB3.  You can check out the other threads in this subforum for various discussions.  As far as a quick summary, I've got most of the major pieces in place that I need to make the physics engine work, and I'm finishing up the last few.  Then I just have to combine the pieces.  The graphics engine is serviceable, though it could still do with some TLC.  I've got a good quarter of the work done on a fluid engine, and the DNA stuff is all worked out.  There's still a lot of work to do before there's an initial release, though.

In terms of timeline, I'd like to get something I could call beta by summer 2015 at the latest.  There might be some point releases before then once some of the major subsystems start coming together.

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: What have I missed? (and a lot of other questions)
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 11:30:54 AM »
I have sneaked the latest version of DB2 into this post:

http://forum.darwinbots.com/index.php/topic,3759.msg1385159.html#msg1385159

Enjoy.