Author Topic: How much progress has been made on DB3?  (Read 4503 times)

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
How much progress has been made on DB3?
« on: January 01, 2017, 05:27:15 PM »
Just stopping in more-or-less to ask how much progress DB3 has had, if at all? It'd be nice to see it when its pretty much complete.
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: How much progress has been made on DB3?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 05:39:31 PM »
I'm still working on it pretty regularly.  I have maybe 95% of a very simple single bot simulator done, but my progress recently has been slow because I moved to London in November.  I have some infrastructure stuff I'm working on right now but once that's finished I have another maybe week or two of some UI work/polish and I can release it.  Fingers crossed I don't see why I couldn't release it sometime in the next few months, but I don't like making promises like that, as I'm usually pretty bad at estimating coding time.

Don't expect too much; it's the first executable that ties in a lot of the systems together at once.  It's mostly a way for me to experiment with the glue that holds the different parts of the program together (DNA, rendering, UI thread management, etc.)

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 12:52:16 AM »
really? that's pretty good. cant wait to see it.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 05:32:13 AM »
Sweet. I'm sure even the first release of it will be awesome nums.
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.