Author Topic: Some sort of nueral system idea  (Read 3573 times)

Offline havingphun

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
Some sort of nueral system idea
« on: October 13, 2011, 06:55:38 PM »
Well you know how if you make a bot that just ties to any one of its species it sees. Would if the bots clumped together in big groups and then one or more would be assigned as brain bots. every bot in this clump would constantly be communicating information like what they see there  nrg and other things and then those things would be sent to the brain cells and based on whats happening they would decide what to do.I would do this but im not completly sure how to do the messaging system. also how to know which bot is which in the system so they dont do the wrong thing. So anyone have any ideas?

Offline atrop

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Re: Some sort of nueral system idea
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 01:03:47 PM »
I had a somewhat similar idea some time ago - basically what I wanted to do was to recreate the social structure of ants. I had a queen sitting around, reproducing and being fed by non reproductive workers. I think I had soldiers too at some point (basically big berthas sitting around the queen, but they're not in the code I found (see below) for some reason. The concept doesn't really work well but at least the "colony" can survive for some time with well meaning environment settings. It would be cool if the queen could tell new workers to head to the direction from where she was last fed, but I suppose that would be very hard to do.

Code: [Select]
cond
*.totalbots 50 <
*.robage 2 =
start
7 .out1 store
stop

cond
*.totalbots 100 >
*.robage 2 =
start
1 .out1 store