Author Topic: Velocity Issue  (Read 4440 times)

Offline AZPaul

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
Velocity Issue
« on: April 14, 2005, 02:06:43 PM »
OK, I'll try to get all this across, again, without having the site blow up at me.

As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted:

Sorry PY,

I am still having the same velocity issue in 2.36.4.  Maybe it is me.

Once I've loaded this I'll d/l and test. I may send up individual files if this does not work.

This one contains two bots, settings and 2 (not 3, Forum Mgr, just 2) screenshots of sim consoles.

IF I CAN GET OVER THE *&%## FORUM restrictions this may actually load.

And away we go.

-P

I always thought 96k was LESS than 100k. I guess the Forum Mgr has some advanced math training I missed.

Alright...how bout two bots, settings and 1 (ONE %&**@# MEASLY) screenshot.

Hmmm...invalid or corrupted.  Try this.

FUCK IT!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 02:17:41 PM by AZPaul »

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Velocity Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 02:11:04 PM »
Nope! Sorry.

It came though totally screwed up.

How about you email the zip to me.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline AZPaul

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
Velocity Issue
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 02:25:17 PM »
Done.

-P

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Velocity Issue
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 02:45:57 PM »
Got it!
and those who don't

Offline AZPaul

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
Velocity Issue
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 03:15:26 AM »
I am so sorry for this.

I know y'all work hard on this program and have great and exciting plans for future capabilities. This small carpolla keeps getting in the way.

I loaded 2.36.5 [you]after[/you] PY's and Num's exchange of messages about the posted 2.36.5 not having the speed fix and PY's quick upload of the fixed 2.36.5 code.

BTW, how can I tell the level of the executable?  The size is the same as 2.36.4 and the date is today (well, yesterday by now).

I have the same velocity issue with .vel exceeding .maxvel and .refvel not even close to correct.

I think I've attached a [you]small unobtrusive well-within-limits unzipped uncontaminated[/you] screenshot.

Again, I'm so sorry for being such a pain in the tookis. And I want you to take notice of the fact that I didn't even mention .sexrepro.

-P

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Velocity Issue
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 09:47:26 AM »
BTW, how can I tell the level of the executable? The size is the same as 2.36.4 and the date is today (well, yesterday by now).

You can't really. It says 2.36 up in the top left corner but it is a bit of a pain, remembering to change this on a regular basis so we keep forgetting.

We will have to be more vigilent in future. Smacked wrists for the programmers  :(

.refvel not even close to correct.
Nor would I expect it to be. The robot that you have selected is not facing any other bot so *.refvel will be a memory of the last thing it saw, just as all the other refvars are. There is no "correct" unless you have a robot currently in eye5.

SEXREPRO?

NO!!!!!

Please don't start on Sexrepro!

We haven't worked on that for SOOOOO long. Mainly because of a lack of agreement on how it should work. It has long been acknowledged that this area needs a lot of work but we need to know how to progress with it.

By all means start your own thread on how to address this issue and we will try to come to a consensus on the best way forward.

I will check out the code again for the speed thing. I wonder if Num and I got our wires (and lines of code) crossed?
and those who don't

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Velocity Issue
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2005, 10:33:46 AM »
OK I checked the code on my 2.36.5 and it looks perfect.

I uploaded the executable again to the "Old FTP Server" as the source still differs very slightly from the "official" version

This time the caption in the top left of the screen clearly reads V2.36.5 so you will know you have the right version.
and those who don't

Offline AZPaul

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
Velocity Issue
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2005, 03:56:37 PM »
Nor would I expect it to be. The robot that you have selected is not facing any other bot so *.refvel will be a memory of the last thing it saw, just as all the other refvars are. There is no "correct" unless you have a robot currently in eye5.

Look at the screen shot again.

The top (blue) bot is looking at the bottom (red) bot with eye4,5,6 at 35 and .refvel -15.  Top console is from the blue bot, bottom console from the red.

The 'select' (white) circle is a leftover. I had the blue bot selected when the top console was populated and the red one selected when the bottom console was populated.

That is a nice feature, btw. I can watch the consoles on multiple bots simultaneously and hitting 'cycle' on any one cycles the whole sim and repopulates all the individual consoles.

OK I checked the code on my 2.36.5 and it looks perfect.

I uploaded the executable again to the "Old FTP Server" as the source still differs very slightly from the "official" version

This time the caption in the top left of the screen clearly reads V2.36.5 so you will know you have the right version.

Thank you, muchly.  I'll d/l 2.36.5 from the old server (why are there two?) and try again.

Please don't start on Sexrepro!

We haven't worked on that for SOOOOO long. Mainly because of a lack of agreement on how it should work. It has long been acknowledged that this area needs a lot of work but we need to know how to progress with it.

By all means start your own thread on how to address this issue and we will try to come to a consensus on the best way forward.

Been there, done that.  Check "Suggestions" forum ".sexrepro" March 23.

Time's a flyin'. Gotta git.

I do thank you for your time.

-P

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Velocity Issue
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2005, 04:28:37 PM »
I'll probably be working on several versions of sex repro after the env grid is done.  Then you can select which type to use from the options menu.

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Velocity Issue
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2005, 04:53:54 PM »
(why are there two?)

Because it is a pain in the butt for Num and I to have to trade code before every release. Therefore it is just easier for me to keep putting modifications of the current version up on the old FTP rather than overwriting the "official" version.

Before we make some major change we will get our code synchronized but for these little fixes it is just easier this way.
and those who don't

Offline AZPaul

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
Velocity Issue
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2005, 01:30:12 PM »
2.36.5 oooh mucho better now that I have the right one. Thank you.

-P