Author Topic: Chariotbot  (Read 20326 times)

Offline SiriusPrater

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Chariotbot
« on: April 22, 2011, 11:50:48 PM »
This is my first working MB and my first post.  I thought I should share it and see what feedback it gets.  The name is more of a joke than an actual name.  The adaption capability was just added today, so it may have a few bugs, although I did test this bot a few times.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 10:56:10 AM by Botsareus »

Offline SiriusPrater

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Re: Chariotbot
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 11:26:05 AM »
Any suggestions on the bot?  Please reply.

Offline Lorgar

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 11:12:07 AM »
interesting, what about adding some guns and armour?  :D

Offline SiriusPrater

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 12:37:22 PM »
Do you mean I should add 20+ .shootval and venom for guns?  And perhaps some virus/venom/poison protection?

Offline Panda

• Global Moderator
  • Bot Destroyer
  • Computer Science Undergraduate (nerd)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 01:29:49 PM »
Use poison protection. And attack them with venom. I use a method of getting the enemy to turn around and shoot me with energy.

Offline SiriusPrater

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 02:11:23 PM »
I'll work on that then.  Sounds good.  Do you think the adaption capability should be removed or changed?  It does seem to weaken the bot.  Interestingly, during long simulations without competition, this bot usually adapts to having either one or two horses, instead of the four it had originally.  At one time, I even remade the bot to allow for the "rider" to carry around an algae battery with it.  While it worked, it did have a great deal of instability, where two MBs became connected by the algae.  My conspec recognition should have handled it.  It could have been a timing problem.  I don't think this bot will be league level.  What do you think?

Offline Panda

• Global Moderator
  • Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 02:32:15 PM »
Well, I don't really know. I am currently writing a bot designed for a league battle, but the problem about league bots is that they have all been written by people who were here many years ago, and then the leagues haven't been ran for years now, too!

Offline SiriusPrater

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 02:49:27 PM »
Why aren't the leagues being ran?  There are a great deal of bots with league designations.  I didn't use a designation for this one because I didn't think it would last in a MB league.  When I used it against the bots provided in the new installer, it was clear that tie feeders have a powerful advantage.  I suppose without the use of slime, that will be the case.  I did try to cheat a little...I made a batterybot that used a veg to create the slime and shared it, but still the slime disappeared the very next cycle. 

Offline Panda

• Global Moderator
  • Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 03:09:39 PM »
The main reason is that the leagues have not been ran for years, so there is around 50 pages of unsorted bots. It is multibot as it falls into that category, really, you would probably struggle against any league, really, I cannot beat that many bots in the league, well, my old bot, Haud Nomen (single gene), could, but I lost that one. Slime degrades really quickly.

Offline SiriusPrater

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 03:20:11 PM »
Perhaps everyone should resubmit any bot they wish to compete with.  That would make more than a few people upset, but it would allow for a clean bot bank, and, ultimately, some competition.  I know it's easy for me to say that, with only one bot submitted, but we'd all win in the end, I think. 
You said that slime degrades quickly, but I thought the .mkslime command was faulty.  Any bot I've made using slime just poisons itself with waste, and it only reaches 100, the max it can store per cycle.  Am I just using it incorrectly?

Offline Panda

• Global Moderator
  • Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 03:32:54 PM »
It would cause too many people to become upset. I tried to create a crawler that would sort the bots, but it was unsuccesful. I may ask Numsgil if I can hand sort them, it would be the quickest way, really. Somebody else can run the leagues, though. :L

The .mkslime command might be fault, but it does degrade quickly. I will test it now.

Offline SiriusPrater

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 03:44:49 PM »
I'm attending a vocational class working with servers.  My instructor suggested that we use one of our servers for a Darwinbots competition and database.  However, I only have a few weeks left.  Perhaps I could pass on the job to another classmate.  If you'd like, I could try to push this as an ongoing project.  It seems that it might be a while, though;  we have to get the fiber connectors we ordered and install the cable (I haven't had very much success with fiber connectors).  What say you?

Offline ikke

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2011, 04:40:01 PM »
The issue is not computer power. The issue is having someone both willing and able to run a league. DIY is the best option in this respect. Posting a bot and hoping someone else will do it for you doesn't get the job done as often...

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2011, 06:38:13 PM »
If we had someone to run the leagues once a month I think that would be reasonable.  It's just a non-trivial commitment both in terms of time and effort.

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2011, 05:34:11 PM »
Hello, I have modified my reset code to run tournament style leagues for 2.45.01.

Please give me a list of robots to run OR you want me to run ALL F1 and Starting Gate Robots??? (as far as I know all Starting gate robots are F1 robots as well)

Remember since this is a tournament style league, the total robots must be base 2. Such as 32 robots , 64 robots ,128 robots, etc.

The reason i went with my own league system is speed...

...however I will only have 1rst place , 2nd place , 2 for third place , etc.

Further thoughts:

I will need to be able to have a sorted sub-message board, and an un-sorted sub-message board.
I will post the top 32 robots and wait for 32 new robots  so I can do a 64 robot league run, after that I will put all files into the sorted sub-message board, and wait again.

We may also add a Special-Request  sub-message board where users can request there own unique leagues.

The bottom line is I need someone to move starting gate robots into un-sorted for each category, and I will probably need modulator privileges..
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 02:16:10 PM by Botsareus »