Author Topic: cns  (Read 7742 times)

Offline 2122

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
cns
« on: April 13, 2005, 11:39:12 PM »
I read about this in the wiki.
I don't know if thats just an idea, or if you plan to make it.
If you are going to make a spinal cord, and a CNS, I have a suggestion about how to do it.

When we make Multi Bots, they are segmented like in the picture.
We could make a new kind of tie that we could use to connect all the bots to the same tie. That would fix the problem of communications, and making mega bots.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
cns
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 11:58:49 PM »
See Zelos, this is what I'm talking about.  You're just confusing the new people.   :lol:

No, no one has managed to make more than a handful of connected bots work together.  This is entirely Zelos's idea and classification.  I don't think it's even possible with the current ties.

That said, I think the real trick to making larger bots is simple rules that govern complex interactions.  Fish School achieves some very complex behaviors without complex genes.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
cns
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 01:48:56 AM »
then delete it nums, this was the last thing I post in wiki
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
cns
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 02:05:15 AM »
zelos, don't turn into Bots :)
There is no need for taking offense.  Just remember that wiki is a help file for new people and a convinient reference for adavnced users.  Both (help file and reference) imply that there is something in DBs that needs explaining.

In this particular case (Spinal cords and Megabots) you explained something that was not in DBs and, therefore, need not be explained.  You could have done the same here on board and would get much more positive feedback.
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
cns
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 02:12:33 AM »
sure :angry: , if you now think it is so bad to have it there, y dont you just delete it and then copy it here. that was the last thing I ever posted to the wiki
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
cns
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 02:25:53 AM »
Have you tried something useful?  Like maybe a page on sqr or ^?  Or maybe a page on refvel functions?  Or even a page on .nrg and .body?

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
cns
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 02:36:33 AM »
yeah, I started the energy page, virus, mb and sb. so what?

"...all of you ungranteful humans who took everything away from me, will feel my lost and dispare..."
from SA2B
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 02:37:53 AM by zelos »

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
cns
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2005, 03:27:06 AM »
Hey man, if your feeling bored help out with what is already there and waiting. The pages you did on viruses, mbs sbs were good explainations, with pics and everything. If you'll provide the info I can spell/grammer check them for you.

Endy B)

Offline Carlo

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
cns
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2005, 04:19:22 AM »
We could make a new kind of tie that we could use to connect all the bots to the same tie. That would fix the problem of communications, and making mega bots.
You people have a really strange idea of evolution. Instead of exploiting the rules of the universe to achieve new degrees of complexity, you ask god to change those rules. This is like cheating, and brings you nowhere.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
cns
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2005, 05:20:33 AM »
I agree with Carlo about a supertie of sorts.  That said, ties currently are somewhat difficult to work with.  I don't mean complex (that's good) I mean limited (that's bad).

When I get around to fixing ties (I have some good ideas) I'll try to find ways to allow communication between multiple ties in the same cycle.  That's the main problem in my book.

You have to lock onto a tie then wait a turn to access it.  If you could lock on, communicate, switch ties, communicate some more, all within the same cycle, I think that would make MBs much easier without really changing the rules.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
cns
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2005, 06:18:42 AM »
anyway I hope ur all hasppy now, the cns/mega/megaclass have been deleted by my. I really hope ur happy

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
cns
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2005, 06:53:29 AM »
Are you trying to make us feel guilty?   :rolleyes:

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
cns
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2005, 03:02:59 PM »
y would I do that? im not trying that, im just pist and have done what you wanted, aint you happy now you ........
figure out the last word ;)