Author Topic: DB Gives Error on making new Simulation  (Read 3154 times)

Offline Tj3

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
DB Gives Error on making new Simulation
« on: February 22, 2011, 09:36:57 AM »
When I press New Simulation,  the program gives this error, and crashes: Runtime error 339, and then says COMCT232.OCX is not properly registered or something.... I tried manually registering it, running installer as admin, etc, etc, but it still doesn't work. I downloaded the library from another post, registered that, and it still didn't work. And yes, I'm running Vista. -_- 32-bit, if that matters...

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: DB Gives Error on making new Simulation
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 01:45:50 PM »
Make sure you're running the registration command as an administrator.  Note: this is not the same thing as your account being an administrator.  You must right click on the cmd prompt shortcut and click "run as administrator".

Alternatively, you can turn off the whole permissions thing, but this has far reaching consequences.  Type "UAC" in the search bar (works in Windows 7, not sure about Vista).  If you squish it to "never notify", you should be able to register the component.

Offline Tj3

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Re: DB Gives Error on making new Simulation
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 04:54:18 PM »
Yeah I ran the cmd prompt as admin and got it to register right... Finally! No DarwinBots for like 5 whole hours! :P