Poll

Read the post, and decide which one?

Chloroplasts - Idea 1
Chloroplasts - Idea 2
".setveg"
None of them

Author Topic: Chloroplasts  (Read 27972 times)

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: Chloroplasts
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2010, 03:24:06 PM »
"Find Best of This Species" button
I like it. I guess we put a setting in settings for what species to search?
3.) How does a robot know what species it came from instead of searching by robot name?

My best solution so far is to generate a new species list from the robots already in the sim. (BY ROBOT NAME  ;))
This way if people add new robots, or it is an e-sim, we still got good data.

That leaves problem 1 and 2. Any ideas? (also, I still have no idea "how much robots to respown with" is set to by default)

« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 03:26:22 PM by Botsareus »

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2010, 04:08:01 PM »
I was kinda thinking, right click on a bot, and "Find Best Of This Species" is in the list of options. And I thought it would be fine if it just looked at all bots with the same name.
"I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars."

-Charles Darwin

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2010, 04:12:47 PM »
3.) Very cool, that is what I will do.

That leaves problem 1 and 2. Any ideas? (also, I still have no idea "how much robots to respown with" is set to by default)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2010, 04:14:33 PM »
That, combined with some way to set the initial 1000 body a bot gets to be the equivalent energy in chloroplasts should be all you need. Just replace the body with chloroplast and you should have basically the same thing.

2.) We are doing:

I just mean rig up the options in the options panel to make sense with the new system.  So setting something as a veggie will give it chloroplasts instead of body when the simulation starts, but after that they can build body or chloroplasts as they want.

Am I right? If so, problem: if the above is NOT per species then I get my mobile robots behaving just like Alga...

I need the
put the slider more towards body

to be per species...

can we work that in, or am I missing something else here?

I think you're confusing two ideas here:

There's whether a bot starts with 1000 body or 1000 chloroplasts when the sim starts (which was previously marked with the "vegetable" tag in teh per-species options).

That's separate from whether the bot is "paid" in body/chloroplasts or nrg when vegs get fed.  That's what the slider is used for.

I'm not sure if that's still the plan for how things would work, but it certainly makes sense to me to keep that option (it has uses in zerobot sims, too, where you slowly wean veggies towards making their own chloroplasts/body).

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2010, 04:22:28 PM »
Look man , I think it will be best to have a slider for each specie to let it know that when this particular specie is spawned how much "chloroplasts" it has. We also have to make sure all the children of that resulting robot keep the same amount of "chloroplasts" so they work identically.

Then we also have to worry about what will our respawn amount be, and how to keep the simulation from having infinite energy.

This is the best I can go for instead of just adding what I proposed earlyer. If you can think of anything better feel free because in the end you are the boss.

(I am starting to sound Italian now, oh god I want to change my personal picture back so badly...)

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2010, 04:42:03 PM »
oh ok, I think I got it. It is going to be strictly 1000 body, or 1000 chloroplasts.

Overall , once again, too complicated. Make my life simple, I just want to run formula1 mode here...

Ok, lets say hypothetically I want to run F1 in this new system:

A. I have to set vegs to use 1000 chloroplasts.
B. I have to move the slider all the way to body/chloroplasts
C. I have to set a reasonable respawn rate for the vegs
D. I have to create a dynamic cost with the desired population.
E. I have to set my non-veg robots to use 1000 body.

That is all?
Right?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 04:49:44 PM by Botsareus »

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2010, 06:56:28 PM »
Anyone? Does the right hand know what the left hand is doing?  :P