Author Topic: My virsion for 2.36.2 Get it now!!!  (Read 8928 times)

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
My virsion for 2.36.2 Get it now!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2005, 09:31:42 AM »
HMM I see some major problems with both these changes.

In change one, the line
Code: [Select]
x = x + "Inserted label, *" + Str$(DNA(pos).value) + " , at pos " + CStr(pos) + vbCrLfis now inside two of the conditional sections of the procedure but missing from the new third option. That means that if the third form of the mutation takes place, there will be no message stored into the variable "X".
This variable is critical to several subsystems including DNA scripting and "Mutation details" in the robot information window.

In change two, vartovar and newvars are utterly, completely and absolutely disabled. What is the deal here?  :blink:
That means it will be impossible to mutate one variable to another or to ever introduce a new sysvar so a whole section of the mutation code is gone

You really have to watch what you are doing in the DNAops module. It is just so easy to screw up the whole program from in there.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 09:37:15 AM by PurpleYouko »
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2005, 11:59:16 AM »
ok fixed the big circle bug, attempted on fixing run out of memory on unload bug , little luck with that one...

Sounds like I am going to have to stop sending my virsions of DB to you guys , you guys dont even consider what I change....

...If I evolve a good firstbot in my virsion I'll just say I am a geneos bot programer and I engenered the little guy myself , I see no reason why people wont beleave that one.

....Better, they will say no no "Endy really maid FirstBot evolved" and "Bots stole the source code from endy", ...

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2005, 12:00:04 PM »
(You do know that you only need one apostrophe, right?)
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2005, 12:03:53 PM »
Okay Bots, after sorting through pointless timer conditions (if any of those functions take longer than 10 seconds, there's a BIG problem.

I DID THAT BECAUSE ON HIGH MUTATION RATES( set 1 to all adding rates) THE PROGRAM WAS TAKING TOO lONG, A LITTLE 'ON ERROR RESUME NEXT' WILL FIX IT UP NO PROBLEM, BUT ATLEAST YOU DONT HAVE A HANGED PROGRAM.

DON'T BOTHER NUM IT WILL NEVER MAKE sense TO YOU....

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2005, 12:07:03 PM »
You really have to watch what you are doing in the DNAops module. It is just so easy to screw up the whole program from in there.

Works fine for now.....

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2005, 01:16:01 PM »
Works fine for now.....

Didn't say it wouldn't work to some dgree.

To be specific about what does not work in your code..

"Change variable with variable" in the mutations window does not work now  You commented out the line
a = a + vartovar(n, x, DNAfrom, DNAto) which activates the "vartovar" procedure.

"Introduce a new variable" does not work now because you commented out the line
Newvars(n) which activates it.

If you can produce a better mutation this way then be my guest. The rest of us prefer code that actually does something.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 01:17:27 PM by PurpleYouko »
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2005, 05:51:13 PM »
Bots, I know what you were trying to do with your timer code, but the mutations module is NOT what's slowing the program down.  The senses module is where alot of slowdown occurs.  As is the collisions routine.  If you want to speed up the program you need to get yourself a profiler.

The way your timer code was written it would exit the code if it had spent 10 seconds in any single runthrough of that function.  NONE of those functions had better take even a single second.

I understand sort-of what you're trying to do with your first change,  but I don't understand what you're accomplishing that PY's sliders can't.

And interestingly enough you didn't even touch the function that the rate of change of mutations goes to.  Isn't that what your main complaint was against?

If you'd really like to join the programming team, you need to sort of outline what you want to work on so we don't step on each other's toes, so to speak.  PY and I communicate fairly regularly about what we're working on.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 05:52:30 PM by Numsgil »